Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miketandf View Post
    Mt. SAC - Sunday May 9
    Some really, really good entries here... too many to summarize...
    https://www.usatf.org/events/2021/20...sa/start-lists
    Wow...phenomenal line-ups in most every event!! I can hardly wait...thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

My local (Seattle) NBC affiliate news indicated that Peacock coverage would start at 11am, Metcalf running at 12:29, and NBC coverage starts at 1:30. I think our news guy knows Metcalf probably isn't making the final of Sunday's meet lol. They did highlight a few of the other runners in the field on our news. The meet would have otherwise gotten ZERO coverage locally, so that's pretty cool.
      This is what I currently see on Peacock Premium, so I hope they just mislabeled the start time... the meet starts at 11am, so that would be great.

MtSac2021a.jpg

Comment

This is what I currently see on Peacock Premium, so I hope they just mislabeled the start time... the meet starts at 11am, so that would be great.

MtSac2021a.jpg
        that is the start time listed for NBC coverage as well: KNBC channel 4 in SoCal. 1:30-3:00 PM

Comment

usatf.tv says they (and Peacock) are webcasting from 2-6 ET, while NBC is 4:30-6. I guess my Sat afternoon is occupado.
          Last edited by Atticus; 05-05-2021, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            usatf.tv says they (and Peacock) are webcasting from 2-6 ET, while NBC is 4:30-6. I guess my Sat afternoon is occupado.
            You're not gonna watch the meet on Sunday?

Comment

Agreed. I'll be happy if AF stays with .5 of SMU.
              Ditto. 21.8/22.3 wouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                You're not gonna watch the meet on Sunday?
                Dang it! Got me again!!

Comment

Didn't know a few of the names in the m100 so here's a quick formchart... a pretty impressive field from several nations... Name Legal SB/PR:
                  Bacon 10.18/9.97, Belcher 10.30/9.93, Boateng 10.17/10.14, Dos Santos 10.10/10.10, Eady 10.29/10.11, Gillespie 10.13/9.93, King 9.97/9.97, Mohammed 10.28/10.03, Quinn 10.23/10.01, Robinson 10.10/9.99, Rodgers 10.13/9.85, Royster 10.25//10.20, Silva 10.36/10.10, Ujah 10.31/9.96, Williams 10.29/9.99, Young 10.18/9.92

The current start list did not have Ronnie Baker (9.94/9.87) listed - bummer (scratched?)... I am/was really hoping to see him run...

Comment

The current start list did not have Ronnie Baker (9.94/9.87) listed - bummer (scratched?)... I am/was really hoping to see him run...
                    Probably scratched. He was supposed to run at I think the Oregon Relays Grand Prix meet (or a big meet that just passed) but scratched as well. Possibly injured and being careful?

Comment

The inclusion of NFL star DK Metcalf could be a boost for the sport. He is a well-known player from America's most popular
                      sport & track usually gets popular in Olympic years anyway, even without special attractions like this. Other men's sprints
                      like the 200 & 400 are even more talent-loaded than the 100 at Mt SAC (especially with Baker apparently pulling out).

Comment

I wish they had been able to get several pro (non-track) athletes to compete as well. Then if they all got smoked by the track stars, they could at least be compared to each other!

Comment

Very curious of 17 year-old Erriyon Knighton's performance at this meet/year... BTW, this is the first Mt SAC meet, at Mt SAC, in 6 years.
                          It's his first meet on the west coast. He's coming in with some good times, although somewhat windy 9.99 (2.7), 10.07 (2.1), 20.31 (1.7)... and about a 45 4x4 split at Tom Jones, showing good range.
                          Assuming he turned 17 on 1/29/2021, he's eligible for U18 records this year, and he's getting close... 100 Schwartz 10.15 and 200 Bolt 20.13

Comment

Very curious of 17 year-old Erriyon Knighton's performance at this meet/year
                            I was skeptical of his going 'pro' after his ONE good result as a 16yo last year, but he's backing up that promise now.

Comment

I was skeptical of his going 'pro' after his ONE good result as a 16yo last year, but he's backing up that promise now.
                              Is he really yet? How many time has he ever even run outside of the south east United States, let alone in any high stakes competition?

Comment

Peacock just added this extra coverage of Mt SAC tomorrow...
                                MtSac100Heats.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X