Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: The family excuse...

Hardly a surprise that White's B was positive; she was very forthright about admitting taking it as soon as the B hit. No idea if Phillips ever denied it though.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

B confirmed

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 3&set_id=6

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

Hey, Blame Canada! All those stupid beady-eyed Canadians with their flapping little heads and their potty mouths, what ya expect from a Canuck?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>"You've obviously never been on crystal meth or
    >you would never ask the question."

This has
    >my vote for stupidest post of the year.

No, it is WAY behind the one simply calling someone "a moron."

Vintage "Letsrun.com"

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: You Don't Wanna Know This

>"This has my vote for stupidest post of the
    >year."

Go find a healing circle and lighten
    >up.

Go back to licking the nearest crotch, you ladyboy lover.

Leave a comment:

• michael lewis
    replied

"This has my vote for stupidest post of the year."

Go find a healing circle and lighten up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Dear Track Physician,
    Some of us in 'patient' circles - the national organization - were seeing it as a possible Advocacy issue. Might Kelli W be a valid, emergent case? If so, should she or any other athlete with Narcolepsy, have the right to
    symptom relief thru medication, for competition?
    We view this as an open question.
    On your more specific point, that you as a Physician know of (presumably more innocuous, non-stimulant class/banned remedies) that could have been given for this "family problem" - what are they?
    What we know about in the organization, as to agents of choice for Narcolepsy ,would all be in some 'banned' category. "Alternative medicine" approaches, are not known. What, then, do you know about? It would be great to turn up any such information.

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied

>> ridiculous assertions from the nation that
    >> started both world wars and killed millions of
    >> people.

Oh my .... I can't believe that you actually said this!

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>comparing johnson to white is like comparing
    >hitler to a lowly german who was a member of the
    >nazi party because he had no choice.

Classic. Now Ben=Hitler. Do you know how offensive that is? We seem to have moved away from White's potential guilt to the usual modus operandi which can be summarized as follows:
    1. Deny.
    2. If the evidence can't be avoided, make up some hair brained excuse. Bring up various and sundry disabilities and exotic ailments if at all possible.
    3. In the meantime, lawyer up.
    4. While all this is going on, cloud the issue by bringing up Ben and how everyone is "different" than him. Throw in some eastern block stuff for good measure(and btw, I'm all for taking every last one of their records away).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

<<<White says she didn't claim it because she doesn't take it regularly. Clip from her news conference on CNN. Unfortunately, she's already been condemned by the European press, who call it the biggest scandal since Ben Johnson. German TV has shown Kelli's 100 finish interspliced with Johnson's Seoul finish! Of course, the European press compared the recent Carl Lewis "scandal" with the East German doping system.><>>

i swear the germans are the biggest hypocrites !
    comparing johnson to white is like comparing hitler to a lowly german who was a member of the nazi party because he had no choice. the germans are the biggest cheaters in history so what are they talking about ! how come the german press bought dieter baumann's toothpaste excuse ? ridiculous assertions from the nation that started both world wars and killed millions of people.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

pure politics and the iraq situation in other words. europeans will do anything to smear the americans right now. what did they say about an admitted cheat miknevich winning the shot by 1 1/2 feet ? how about longo in the 800 ? how about luydmila narozilenko's excuse a decade ago that her husband spiked her drink with steroids ? this is all politics and getting back at bush (sorry the us) and white is the pawn. i bet this will go to court if she is dqed.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

>The ruling on similar drugs is quite reasonable.
    >Last winter olympics, the cross country skier
    >that tested positive for a chemical similar to
    >EPO, except 1 Hydrogen molicule was altered. Thus
    >not EPO
    by the chemical equation, but similar. I
    >believe if the test was positive in the USA ,
    >USATF would cover it up. No Names, no Foul.

yeah, usatf is part of the problem...you can't go after drugged foreigners if you yourself are dirty....masback's gotta go.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied

>I
    >was looking through the Provigil website and
    >didn't see anything about athletes shouldn't take
    >it as one BBC journalist claims to have seen.

People, including the doc that White CLAIMS did extensive research on the drug, really ought to get up close and personal with google.

"Athletes should be aware that one of the main ingredients of this pharmaceutical product would produce a positive result in anti-doping tests."

http://www.biogenesis.co.za/pi-modafinil.asp

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

"You've obviously never been on crystal meth or you would never ask the question."

This has my vote for stupidest post of the year.

Leave a comment:

• MJD
    replied
    The family excuse...

...or let's see what sticks to the wall.

"Even if genuine multiplex families are rare, 1 to 2% of the first-degree relatives of narcolepsy patients manifest the disorder, compared with 0.02 to 0.18% in the general population."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... t=Abstract

Leave a comment:

Working...
X