Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
    Interesting - made me go search around for Hank Kraychir, who I don't recall I've ever heard of.
    His kids were pretty decent throwers, too!

Comment

Makes me wonder about the throws WRs for left-handers. I remember the Italian hammer thrower Nicola(?) Vizzoni a few years back being a 'lefty'.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
        Makes me wonder about the throws WRs for left-handers. I remember the Italian hammer thrower Nicola(?) Vizzoni a few years back being a 'lefty'.
        Reggie Jagers has to be right up there for lefty discus throwers

Comment

Originally posted by 58Commander View Post
          Agreed. Impressive stats. Lets hope he keeps going.
          Yes he did 😉🏆

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

Being even more elitist he has 34 of history's 64 puts over 22.50:

Crouser 34, Timmerman 7, Andrei & Kovacs 4, Romani & Walsh 3, Beyer & Günthör 2, Barnes, Brenner, Cantwell, Nelson & Oldfield 1
            Just added a slew more yesterday. Before his career is over he may have 100. No one is even close to this guy in consistency at a high level. Precisely why no one is shocked at yesterday's result, or that we could see something similar again.

Comment

Being even more elitist he has 34 of history's 64 puts over 22.50:

Crouser 34, Timmerman 7, Andrei & Kovacs 4, Romani & Walsh 3, Beyer & Günthör 2, Barnes, Brenner, Cantwell, Nelson & Oldfield 1
              1 for Barnes?

Comment

T&FN doesn't count Barnes '90

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

1 for Barnes?
                  5 for Barnes

Comment

T&FN doesn't count Barnes '90
                    Then why wasn't Crouser's 23.01 celebrated and acclaimed by TFN as a USA record?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Then why wasn't Crouser's 23.01 celebrated and acclaimed by TFN as a USA record?
                      because ARs are ratified only by USATF and outside our control.

however, the magazine's results from that meet said this, giving Crouser credit for farthest US mark ever:

<<SP: 1. Ryan Crouser (US) 75-6 (23.01) PR (WL, AL) (1, 1 A—superior to 75-2/22.91 Joe Kovacs [Vel/NYAC] ’19 & Crouser ’20) (inferior to ratified AR 75-10¼/23.12 by Randy Barnes)>>

and the new story for that Tucson meet led off this way:

<<At the USATF Throws Festival, Olympic champion Ryan Crouser once again clarified his dominance over the world’s best shot putters, heaving the 16-pounder out to a PR 75-6 (23.01), the longest throw on the planet in exactly 32 years, and the second-longest of all time, just 2 inches (5cm) away from Ulf Timmermann’s list leader.>>

maybe you should read the magazine a little closer before you bust our balls

Comment

Jeez what are you going on about "busting your balls"?

First, I am wrapped that finally Barnes is removed as the WR holder. IMO the penalty should include the erasing by WA of all performances for the 12 months immediately prior to the date of the incriminating PED test.

However, the reality is that WA and USTAF consider his throws as legally valid. Just like they do for Flo Jo's 10.49 (wind) and Beamon's 8.90 (wind).

The suspicion that a performance was drug assisted or wind assisted may be well founded, but without the evidence, or in the case of my wish for a PED rule change, then IMO those performances, however reluctantly, have to be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

IMO, Parry O'Brien is the GOAT. He was the Olympic champion in 1952 and 1956 and won silver in 1960. He was the world’s leading shot-putter for seven years and broke the world record seventeen times. He won 116 consecutive competitions and revolutionized the event using a new technique. Crouser is on his way to being the GOAT. But his body of work right now during his career does not match what O'Brien accomplished.
                          Moreover, O’Brien raised the WR over 1.2+Meters in this period.

Comment

Originally posted by olorin View Post
                            Edit - first time in my life I used IMO
                            😆

Comment

Working...
                            X