X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Thoughts on Joshua Cheptegei? Maybe not at Rojas type lock, but he could be off his game and still win comfortably
    There's a Mr. Kiplimo on line 2 for you.

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Timothy Cheruiyot.
    and a Mr. J Ingebrigtsen holding on line 3.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
    Beatrice Chepkoech
    Again, no competitions yet outdoors this year. Last year she lost her only top-level race in her specialty. She might have more upside than anyone else in the SC, but unless you have insight into her training, there's no way of telling what shape she'll be in.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    Timothy Cheruiyot.
    He hasn't even competed this year. There's no way you can consider someone in this situation a lock.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    He is running at full speed! But I agree that his FS now is not the same as in 2 months. I'm hoping Lyles is on the same plan.
    Yeah I never said he wasn't running at full speed, I get that he is. I meant that his times early in the season are never indicative of what he ends up producing at the Olympics or Worlds. He often looks a lost cause in some of his DL races, far removed from even being a contender for a medal but he seems to always end up on the podium.

Leave a comment:

• TWalsh
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Thoughts on Joshua Cheptegei? Maybe not at Rojas type lock, but he could be off his game and still win comfortably (though I'm guessing no wave-light in Tokyo)
    I agree! Cheptegei was a very close second!

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    Beatrice Chepkoech

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Thoughts on Joshua Cheptegei? Maybe not at Rojas type lock, but he could be off his game and still win comfortably (though I'm guessing no wave-light in Tokyo)

Leave a comment:

• TWalsh
    replied
    If I had to bet a large sum of money on one individual athlete to win the Gold Medal right now, I would choose Rojas in the women's TJ.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    He is running at full speed! But I agree that his FS now is not the same as in 2 months. I'm hoping Lyles is on the same plan.
    Lyles needs at least a small peak next month or he could get caught sleeping at trials. De Grasse, Oduduru etc. have one single date on their calendar that matters

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Well . . . Sam proved he's a gamer in Gateshead and Joe turned the trick in Doha.
    Joe did win Doha, but a Crouser win with a WR through is much more likely. Sam is a big meet guy but it will still be a shock if Duplantis loses.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Track78 View Post
    DeGrasse is never anywhere close to showing his cards until champs. He appears to be a master at timing his peak.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

I don't after watching Boston. I was expecting a faster time, and whilst I think she cruised the last meters, she said afterwards she is managing some minor niggles. I really think DAS will give her a run for her money, pun totally intended, especially after how smooth she looked in Gateshead. I think the w200m could be close. However, if SMU were to do the 400m - and she said again that she won't - then I would have had her as a lock in that event.
    I agree with you. With SMU looking a bit vulnerable and DAS poised for a career year, this is far from a lock. DAS is going to put a ton of distance on SMU after the first 100m and she doesn't really collapse at the end. Unless SMU can overcome whatever struggles she is dealing with, I might peg Dina the favorite here.

Leave a comment:

• Track78
    replied
    Lyles is nowhere close to that now.
    Laird is consistently fast.
    DeG isn't there.
    Odu has the talent, consistency has been a problem.
    Unless Qnz pops a fast one, a USA sweep could be in the cards.
    DeGrasse is never anywhere close to showing his cards until champs. He appears to be a master at timing his peak.

Leave a comment:

• TN1965
    replied
    Timothy Cheruiyot.

Leave a comment:

• The Klingon
    replied
    Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    I guess it's cool to debate but its personally to early to even consider anyone a lock.
    My sentiments exactly.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X