Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's up with Terrance Laird?

anybody note a peculiarity in both of these pictures?

https://trackandfieldnews.com/sec-me...zorback-depth/

https://trackandfieldnews.com/2021-yearly-leaders/

Rather than speculating on the purpose of extensive wrapping of his right leg and left arm, I assume you are referring to his upside-down bib. A good-luck thing?

Comment

May be superstitious, like a baseball player on a hot hitting streak... upside-down name on shirt, always with the right calf sleeve/left arm sleeve and headband... certainly has a unique style... whatever it is, it's working...

Comment

Yep, the upside down bib!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          He said in an interview at the SEC meet that he just likes to be different.

Comment

Maybe he has the bib upside down, so he can make sure it's him.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

He said in an interview at the SEC meet that he just likes to be different.
              Yea after his 100m win they asked him about it. I also think I remember in a different interview him mentioned something similar as to why he wears the arm and leg sleeve.

When your that fast, you can do what you want

Comment

At least his shoes are on his feet.

Comment

It's obvious that he needs to be reminded of what number he is and meet he is at - thus looking down at his bib he can read it properly. Bad memory and apparently upside-down reading skills.

Comment

It's the Texas Relays, so some teams turn there bibs upside down meaning Horns down at the University of Texas. A&M does it also. Notice the Longhorns decal.

Comment

To re-use an old British joke, maybe he's secretly Australian?

Comment

Working...
                      X