Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No decision yet on Hayward capacity for NCAAs

Email today:
    ”Thank you for your continued support of Oregon Track & Field. As you read this, our team is in Texas preparing to compete in the NCAA West Regionals. With the NCAA Championships hosted at Hayward Field in less than 2 weeks (June 9-12), we know you are eager to hear information regarding ticket availability for this meet. At the moment, we are still working diligently to provide the safest environment possible for all involved and maximize our capacity, which will be determined at the direction of local public health authorities.

As of today, Lane County’s risk level designation is High, and our vaccination percentage is still short of the 65% threshold to reduce restrictions. Should the current risk level remain in place, the capacity for this event as determined by public health officials will result in a limited number of tickets available for purchase for this event. If tickets do become available, our valued season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to purchase seats for the event, in priority point order.

We continue to work with public health authorities to provide an exceptional student-athlete experience as possible at the NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Once public health provides direction, we will notify you of the process of purchasing tickets for this event (subject to availability).

The Oregon Ticket Office”

You got it too I see....

Anyways I think we will be good to go by the NCAAs.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      You got it too I see....

Anyways I think we will be good to go by the NCAAs.
      If you are a season ticket holder !
      Doesn't sound like there will be any out-of-towners getting tickets.

Comment

Lane County will hit 65% in the next 7 to 10 days and I have no idea why the public health authorities can’t simply do a statistical projection like every business, corporation, government entity, etc. does for planning purposes in all they do. They could decide their capacity for the NCAA meet and the Trials right now, here today, announce that capacity and announce the date when they will have ticketing strategy. Yes, out of towners will be few in attendance but not because of lack of ticket availability, but because they will have given up their airline tickets and housing, or put off the chance to arrange those, while waiting for the authorities to make their decisions.

Comment

It's pretty crazy....the problem is that Lane County is really big...incorporating a lot of rural towns that are anti Vax. So it make take eons to get to 65%. I was hopeful before but who knows....Portland is already in low level.

Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-28-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

To give you an example....Douglas County just south of Lane County has only 34% of the population having had one shot. You get out of Eugene there are a lot of dumb people....

Comment

LANE COUNTY, Ore. — We are 5,100 people away from hitting the 65 percent vaccination rate for Lane County.

Getting there will make us eligible for the low-risk category.

https://kval.com/news/local/lane-cou...ity-05-28-2021

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                LANE COUNTY, Ore. — We are 5,100 people away from hitting the 65 percent vaccination rate for Lane County.

Getting there will make us eligible for the low-risk category.

https://kval.com/news/local/lane-cou...ity-05-28-2021
                The 65% rate is for eligible citizens, not all citizens, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

The 65% rate is for eligible citizens, not all citizens, right?
                  I presume it for legal residents....

You mean are children counted? Idk...but changing the denominator with every new group added we would never get there...

Comment

Percentage of 16+ population receiving at least one dose: 62.52%

https://lanecounty.org/government/co...9_vaccine_data

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                      Lane County will hit 65% in the next 7 to 10 days and I have no idea why the public health authorities can’t simply do a statistical projection like every business, corporation, government entity, etc. does for planning purposes in all they do. They could decide their capacity for the NCAA meet and the Trials right now, here today, announce that capacity and announce the date when they will have ticketing strategy. Yes, out of towners will be few in attendance but not because of lack of ticket availability, but because they will have given up their airline tickets and housing, or put off the chance to arrange those, while waiting for the authorities to make their decisions.
                      The governor really can't come out and say....hey you'll be fine in 10 days so plan for that.

What if it isn't.... you're basically trying to predict the behavior of irrational people...

It was easy in the first vaccine wave....you couldn't buy an appointment....

Anyways if it was up to me I'd say screw 'em....show your vaccine card and you're in... the unvaccinated are the ones at risk.

Comment

4400 fans per day. https://twitter.com/ChrisChavez/stat...256173569?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                          Separate sections for vaccinated and unvaccinated fans? Sounds unwise. To minimize the spread, the unvaxed should be interspersed among the vaxed, instead of the vaxed concentrated among themselves.

Comment

That's rather absurd with so many vaccinated.... the governor really is slow walking it...

Comment

Vaccinations in Lane County is like Zeno's Paradox....

Lane County will move to "moderate risk" from "high risk" Friday — further opening up businesses to serve larger groups of people.

Gov. Kate Brown announced the new county risk levels late Tuesday afternoon. In total, 13 counties will be in "high risk," four will be in "moderate risk," including Lane, and 19 will be in the "lower risk" category. The risk levels will apply through June 10.

To move into the lower risk level, the status that incurs the least amount of limits on gatherings under the state's framework, 65% of Lane's residents 16 and older need at least one dose of the vaccine.

As of Tuesday, Lane County was 0.9% short of that goal — equaling about 3,000 doses. If enough people get their shots by next Tuesday, the county's risk level should move down again.

https://www.registerguard.com/story/...sk/7509387002/

Comment

Working...
                              X