Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Separate sections for vaccinated and unvaccinated fans? Sounds unwise. To minimize the spread, the unvaxed should be interspersed among the vaxed, instead of the vaxed concentrated among themselves.
    Who would want to sit with the unvaccinated?

Comment

I don't get why the move to lower risk level can only occur once a week. Seems like you hit 65% vaccinated, boom, you drop down to Lower Risk right away.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post

I could care less who I sit with. I'm vaccinated, and I don't have irrational fear. So, I'm good!

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

I could care less who I sit with. I'm vaccinated, and I don't have irrational fear. So, I'm good!
          I'm happy for you... I won't comment further on this subject.

Comment

Speculating that the anti-vax sections will be non-prime (see sample below), my guess is that between the seat location and social stigma they will be lightly-populated sections. Which means if you like to spread out at a meet as opposed to being hemmed in by the masses they might be for you! I'm waiting to see the long list of volunteers who want to handle customer service duties for the anti-vax sections . . .

Actual seat location of the tickets they originally sold me to the 2016 Indoor World Champs in Portland. Fortunately I noticed the problem when I toured the facility a week or two before the meet, bitched to the ticket folks and ended up with very sweet seats.

view from section 220 row j seat 7.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

I agree with that... though it should be if you are not vaccinated you don't get in...

Comment

Anti-vaxxers?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay View Post
                  I don't get why the move to lower risk level can only occur once a week. Seems like you hit 65% vaccinated, boom, you drop down to Lower Risk right away.
                  Zeno's Paradox makes more sense then the risk levels here.

The big problem is Lane County is huge from Oakridge to Florence...with lots of knuckleheads who won't get vaccinated and aren't planning to go to Hayward anyways.

Comment

Any updates on NCAA ticket availability for non season ticket holders?

At what age do children need tickets?
                    Last edited by Black September; 06-04-2021, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile....Chicago with fewer percentage wise vaccinated than Lane County is opening up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Conor Dary;n1692162]

I agree with that... though it should be if you are not vaccinated you don't get in...

If you’re vaccinated, why are you worried if someone else chooses not to be? I get the flu shot every year but don’t go around asking or caring if someone else chooses not to get vaccinated! And the flu is also deadly! I’m vaccinated but I still believe it’s a persons choice what they put in their bodies!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramfyr View Post
                          I’m vaccinated but I still believe it’s a persons choice what they put in their bodies!
                          How is denying an anti-vaxxer admission to the Trials depriving them of this chioce?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramfyr View Post
                            If you’re vaccinated, why are you worried if someone else chooses not to be?
                            Maybe because (gasp!) some people's sphere of care extends beyond their own individual self? Like if they have a parent or other relative for whom the vaccine isn't very effective because of their health conditions and/or medications, a relative who is therefore at risk of catching COVID from unvaccinated people in the community?

Or maybe they just want the stinkin' COVID to be extinguished as soon as possible so everything from school to travel to sports to movie theaters etc. can be 100% back to normal, but the anti-vaxxers are prolonging the pandemic and delaying the return to normalcy?

Yes, it is your personal choice to get the vaccine or not, but unlike most other personal choices this a choice that can hurt or literally kill other people, so don't be puzzled if other people make the choice to be pissed at anti-vaxxers and take actions the anti-vaxxers don't like (like having to sit in a different part of the stadium). Choices beget other choices, and choices have consequences.

Comment

this argument belongs in a C19 thread in Things Not Track

Comment

Meanwhile....I just got this...

With the anticipation of Lane County moving to low risk, we are able to have multiple fully vaccinated sections in Hayward Field, which has increased our capacity to over 6,000 guests. After providing participating student-athletes with tickets for their guests per the NCAA hosting requirements, this still leaves a limited number of tickets available for public sale. As a season ticket holder you will have the first opportunity to purchase either vaccinated or physically distanced tickets through our online account manager site.

Fans choosing to sit in our fully vaccinated sections will be required to show their vaccination card upon entry into Hayward Field and must have cleared the two week protocol from receiving their second shot. Children 15 and under, are able to sit in vaccinated sections, as long as they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. Please verify that all members of your party will be vaccinated.

Comment

Working...
                                X