Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yulimar Rojas

I am watching women's triple jump especially to see whether Yulimar Rojas will break the world record established by Inessa Kravets in 1995. According to an article found on the Venezuelan Olympic Committee website her next competition will be on June 12 at the finals of the Spanish Club Championships. That's all the information I have on her future competitions.

Something else to say. They sure grow fine female triple jumpers in and around the Caribbean. Had to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
      I am watching women's triple jump especially to see whether Yulimar Rojas will break the world record established by Inessa Kravets in 1995. According to an article found on the Venezuelan Olympic Committee website her next competition will be on June 12 at the finals of the Spanish Club Championships. That's all the information I have on her future competitions.
      Ms. Rojas' involvement with the Spanish Club Championships is correct to my knowledge. However, the date of her competition may be wrong. Ms. Rojas' club is FC Barcelona. FC Barcelona is in the "Division de Honor". That club will be involved in the championships in its division's title competition. The date for the women's events is 13 June 2021. So if she is indeed going to compete for FC Barcelona it would be on that date. Also, her event should start at 7 p.m. local time, which is 1 p.m. in New York.

The information for the competition came from a Spanish federation circular dated 28 May 2021. The circular can be found in Spanish at SECRETARIA GENERAL (rfea.es).
      Last edited by ralmcg; 05-31-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Ms. Rojas is indeed competing in the Spanish Clubs Championships on Sunday, but it is in the long jump, not the triple jump.

Comment

Her next competition in the triple jump is at the Meeting Madrid on Saturday, June 19, 2021.

Comment

Ms. Rojas is indeed competing in the Spanish Clubs Championships on Sunday, but it is in the long jump, not the triple jump.
            The club championship for "Division De Honor" women's competition starts at 5 p.m. local time (11 a.m. in New York), with the long jump starting at 5:15 p.m. local time. Stream of the event can be found at Real FederaciĆ³n EspaƱola de Atletismo (rfea.es)

Comment

Results at RFEA Live Powered by Conersys (rfeamanager.es). Mostly wind-aided, her wind-legal 6.88 meters is still world class.

Comment

The Meeting Madrid will be streamed, at least in the United States, on FloTrack. Timetable, in Madrid time, is at Timetable | Madrid Athletics - Madrid Opening.
                Last edited by ralmcg; 06-13-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Mostly wind-aided, her wind-legal 6.88 meters is still world class.
                  Yeah, but 7.27 (+2.7) is way more impressive. A possible double gold in Tokyo?
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post

Yeah, but 7.27 (+2.7) is way more impressive. A possible double gold in Tokyo?
                    I read that since long jump qualifications and triple jump finals are on the same day she will concentrate on the triple jump.

Comment

Working...
                    X