Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yulimar Rojas

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yulimar Rojas

    I am watching women's triple jump especially to see whether Yulimar Rojas will break the world record established by Inessa Kravets in 1995. According to an article found on the Venezuelan Olympic Committee website her next competition will be on June 12 at the finals of the Spanish Club Championships. That's all the information I have on her future competitions.

  • #2
    Something else to say. They sure grow fine female triple jumpers in and around the Caribbean. Had to say that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
      I am watching women's triple jump especially to see whether Yulimar Rojas will break the world record established by Inessa Kravets in 1995. According to an article found on the Venezuelan Olympic Committee website her next competition will be on June 12 at the finals of the Spanish Club Championships. That's all the information I have on her future competitions.
      Ms. Rojas' involvement with the Spanish Club Championships is correct to my knowledge. However, the date of her competition may be wrong. Ms. Rojas' club is FC Barcelona. FC Barcelona is in the "Division de Honor". That club will be involved in the championships in its division's title competition. The date for the women's events is 13 June 2021. So if she is indeed going to compete for FC Barcelona it would be on that date. Also, her event should start at 7 p.m. local time, which is 1 p.m. in New York.

      The information for the competition came from a Spanish federation circular dated 28 May 2021. The circular can be found in Spanish at SECRETARIA GENERAL (rfea.es).
      Last edited by ralmcg; 05-31-2021, 02:37 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ms. Rojas is indeed competing in the Spanish Clubs Championships on Sunday, but it is in the long jump, not the triple jump.

        Comment


        • #5
          Her next competition in the triple jump is at the Meeting Madrid on Saturday, June 19, 2021.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
            Ms. Rojas is indeed competing in the Spanish Clubs Championships on Sunday, but it is in the long jump, not the triple jump.
            The club championship for "Division De Honor" women's competition starts at 5 p.m. local time (11 a.m. in New York), with the long jump starting at 5:15 p.m. local time. Stream of the event can be found at Real Federación Española de Atletismo (rfea.es)

            Comment


            • #7
              Results at RFEA Live Powered by Conersys (rfeamanager.es). Mostly wind-aided, her wind-legal 6.88 meters is still world class.

              Comment


              • #8
                The Meeting Madrid will be streamed, at least in the United States, on FloTrack. Timetable, in Madrid time, is at Timetable | Madrid Athletics - Madrid Opening.
                Last edited by ralmcg; 06-13-2021, 05:03 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                  Mostly wind-aided, her wind-legal 6.88 meters is still world class.
                  Yeah, but 7.27 (+2.7) is way more impressive. A possible double gold in Tokyo?
                  Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Powell View Post

                    Yeah, but 7.27 (+2.7) is way more impressive. A possible double gold in Tokyo?
                    I read that since long jump qualifications and triple jump finals are on the same day she will concentrate on the triple jump.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Does anybody know what happened to Yulimar Rojas? She was supposed to be a flag-bearer for Venezuela in the Opening Ceremonies but she didn't carry the flag. Another woman did, alongside a man.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maybe she’s not there yet. A lot of track athletes aren’t showing up for the whole two plus weeks because of COVID protocols. I know a few did, but their event maybe be early in the program.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                          Does anybody know what happened to Yulimar Rojas? She was supposed to be a flag-bearer for Venezuela in the Opening Ceremonies but she didn't carry the flag. Another woman did, alongside a man.
                          Here is the explanation via twitter. Basically covid precautions. https://twitter.com/Yannyfg/status/1418522864458731530

                          Google Translation from the conversation (someone who speaks Spanish can of course do better):

                          "Yulimar Rojas will not be able to be at the inauguration. However, it will be well represented by Antonio Díaz and Karen León. This happened today in the Olympic Village prior to the parade. This is the #TeamVenezuela @TeamRojas45"

                          "What is the reason that Yulimar cannot be present?"

                          "Due to bioecurity measures, he was not at that massive event ... His coach prefers to prevent Yulimar from being exposed to these crowds ..."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ATK View Post
                            Here is the explanation via twitter. Basically covid precautions. https://twitter.com/Yannyfg/status/1418522864458731530

                            Google Translation from the conversation (someone who speaks Spanish can of course do better):

                            "Yulimar Rojas will not be able to be at the inauguration. However, it will be well represented by Antonio Díaz and Karen León. This happened today in the Olympic Village prior to the parade. This is the #TeamVenezuela @TeamRojas45"

                            "What is the reason that Yulimar cannot be present?"

                            "Due to bioecurity measures, he was not at that massive event ... His coach prefers to prevent Yulimar from being exposed to these crowds ..."
                            "He"
                            "His"
                            Am I missing something?
                            Did Yulimar go transgender?
                            (I'm JOKING!)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Probably the surest Gold in the entire track and field program...I don't think even covid19 can defeat her.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X