Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stumptown

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stumptown

    This may be the last distance meet before the OT and it doesn't look like it will answer many of the lingering questions:

    *Who's hurt (Jager, Houlihan, Chelimo, Kipchirchir)?
    *Who's coming back from injury or protecting a niggle (Lomong, Simpson, Quigley, Rowbury, Huddle)?

    But most importantly, who is focusing on what?

    Purrier - 1500 seems to be it and she looks ready
    Houlihan - 1500/5000?
    Grace - 800 or 1500?
    Simpson, Rowbury - 5000?
    Schneider, Schweizer, Cranny, Sisson, Infeld - 5 and 10?

    Hocker, Teare - 15/5?
    Lomong, Chelimo, Kinkaid, E Bor - 5/10?

    The only one of the bunch was seems clear and ready is Grant Fisher, whom I suspect will run the 10 and then probably the 5 also and may be the fave in both.

    DAY, MAY 28
    Stumptown sked

    Friday - Steeplechase and 10000 – starts at 6:30 PT
    Saturday – 800 thru 5000 – starts in earnest at 6:50 PT

    Entries seem slim

    Men 800
    Engels, Craig
    Centrowitz, Matthew (all 3)

    Women 800
    Akins, Nia
    Johnson, Sinclaire

    Men 1500
    Kerr, Josh
    Klecker, Joe

    Women 1500
    Hiltz, Nikki
    Lawrence, Mel
    Conley, Kim

    Men 5000
    Jenkins, Eric
    Lalang, Lawi

    Women 5000
    Infeld, Emily
    Hall, Marielle
    Jorgensen, Gwen
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-04-2021, 02:23 PM.

  • #2
    Link to results??
    Thanks,
    Alan Shank

    Comment


    • #3
      Never mind:
      https://live.athletictiming.net/meets/10080

      Cheers,
      Alan

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Atticus View Post

        But most importantly, who is focusing on what?

        Purrier - 1500 seems to be it and she looks ready
        Houlihan - 1500/5000?
        Simpson, Rowbury - 5000?
        I know for a fact once the schedule changed, Simpson said she is running the 1500m. I think Houlihan and Purrier have confirmed the same.

        Comment


        • #5
          John Kerr just dropped a 3:31.55 there!
          plus
          Rob Napolitano 3:35.63
          Colby Alexander 3:35.81

          Comment


          • #6
            Big PB and OQ for Amy Cashin who improves to #5 A/T AUS - she has improved 30 seconds this year to that 9-28

            Comment


            • #7
              Centrowitz runs 3 consecutive 800 heats: 1:50.3 1:49.7 1:53.9. Looking strong.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post
                Centrowitz runs 3 consecutive 800 heats: 1:50.3 1:49.7 1:53.9. Looking strong.
                I saw his best time and was really concerned. Now that I see that he ran three heats, it looks like he is really ready for the trials.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  John Kerr just dropped a 3:31.55 there!
                  plus
                  Rob Napolitano 3:35.63
                  Colby Alexander 3:35.81
                  Why does the results page list that international athletes attained the USOT qualifying mark? Is it at all relevant that Josh Kerr, for example, bettered the USOT Q of 3:37....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                    Why does the results page list that international athletes attained the USOT qualifying mark? Is it at all relevant that Josh Kerr, for example, bettered the USOT Q of 3:37....
                    The software does it for anyone.

                    Eric Jenkins just won the 5000 in 13:20.18.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      John Lester, a high school senior at Amador Valley, ran 1:47.65.
                      He came in 7th place in the 800m.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        John Kerr just dropped a 3:31.55 there!
                        plus
                        Rob Napolitano 3:35.63
                        Colby Alexander 3:35.81
                        Sorry for the pedentary but it is Josh Kerr.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jacksf View Post
                          John Lester, a high school senior at Amador Valley, ran 1:47.65.
                          He came in 7th place in the 800m.
                          That makes him #6 all time high school, and #3 in California. (The 2 ahead of him were both national records at the time.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Kerr moves up to 7th on the UK all-time list (behind Farah, Wightman, Cram, Coe, Grice & Ovett).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                              Sorry for the pedentary but it is Josh Kerr.
                              Kind of important to him! Sorry.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X