• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    John Kerr just dropped a 3:31.55 there!
    plus
    Rob Napolitano 3:35.63
    Colby Alexander 3:35.81
    Is 3:31.55 the fastest ever on U.S. soil?

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post

Is 3:31.55 the fastest ever on U.S. soil?
      Yes. I could be wrong, but the previous best looks to have been 3:32.34 by Rashid Ramzi of Bahrain in May 2006

Comment

It depends on how you define things! Yomif Kejelcha ran 3:31.51 en route to his 3:47.01 indoor world record for the mile at Boston on March 3, 2019.
        So, it's the outdoor all-comers 1500m record, and it's the fastest actual 1500m race run in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Sigmon View Post
          It depends on how you define things! Yomif Kejelcha ran 3:31.51 en route to his 3:47.01 indoor world record for the mile at Boston on March 3, 2019.
          So, it's the outdoor all-comers 1500m record, and it's the fastest actual 1500m race run in the US.
          3:31.25 is what is listed for Kejelcha.

Comment

Ah, I couldn't recall exactly and I looked at Peter Larsson's All-Time list, which has 3:31.51, for some reason. I see that Track Newsletter does report 3:31.25.

Comment

e-mail from a spectator:

<<The biggest issue was the shockingly loud, abrasive music they played throughout every race, drowning out Tom Heinonen's attempts to announce. No one heard him say that the leader of the seeded M 1500 was at 2:48 at 1200!>>

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                e-mail from a spectator:

<<The biggest issue was the shockingly loud, abrasive music they played throughout every race, drowning out Tom Heinonen's attempts to announce. No one heard him say that the leader of the seeded M 1500 was at 2:48 at 1200!>>
                A common complaint of mine. I have on occasion suspended competition until they turned off the damn speakers over the horizontal pits that made communication impossible.

Comment

Working...
                X