X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on a quick peek I make Hassan mark No. 8 performance ever, Ingy No. 12

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
      Asher-Smith looked pretty close to spectacular in winning that 200. Put a half second on a decent field.
      To highlight her performance, 22.06 is her 3rd fastest time ever. Only her 2018 Euros (21.89) and 2019 Doha (21.88) gold medal races are faster.

Comment

Asher-Smith looks so strong. Gone seems to be that forward-leaning action of hers.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          on a quick peek I make Hassan mark No. 8 performance ever, Ingy No. 12
          True but she is already number 6 correct! Both looked really good till the end.
          Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 06-10-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post
            I would be willing to bet that the total body of work that Gebrhiwet put in this week is good enough to earned him a spot on the Ethiopia 10,000 meter Olympic Team!
            He sure "muddied the waters" with that performance. Edris didn't do himself any good for OG, but next year he will have a WC as defending champion. Tekele backed up his trials win nicely. Cheptegei was, perhaps, overconfident. I really thought Kipyegon would pass Hassan in the stretch. Jakob would need to run a 1500 heat 8/3 9 AM, 5000 heat that evening 20:00, then 1500 semi 8/5 evening, 5000 final 8/6 and 1500 final 8/7 to double.
            Cheers,
            Alan Shank
            Woodland, CA, USA

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
              Hassan - 3:53.63 insane coming off her 10k (former) WR

But Kipyegon running 3:53.91 to break her PB set in that Doha final is amazing. Muir 3:55.59 just off her PB.
              Looks like Sifan is ready to do that double again.

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

But 10,000 final is the day after the 1500 final. I think she will do 5/10. Kipyegon could do 8/15 -- 6 races in 8 days.
                Cheers,
                Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

Nope - she says she wants the new challenge of a 5k/10k double.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

As a kiwi I suppose that I am happy that Walsh is credited with a win.

But this insane result proves how out of touch with reality that Seb Coe and his cohorts are to allow this. It demeans the sport not just to us over-the-hill TF nerds but try convincing the average spectator that the guy who got 3rd actually got 1st, and the guy who got 1st actually got 3rd.

I'm surprised that they didn't make Fabbri 7th given his final 19.82 was less than Weirs best of 20.06.

Coe will probably next want to have the first 3 place getters in the 1500m run a 100m 04 400m run-off. or perhaps even run another 1500m straight away.
                    I have been saying for years that the way to make the throws more exciting for spectators is to go to match play, as in golf or tennis, after qualifying, in big meets. 8 qualify. You have 3 rounds of 3 throws each. I think it would be good - certainly better for the shot put. With light markers on the field for the leading throw in each round, fans would know immediately when somebody topped the best mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                      But 10,000 final is the day after the 1500 final. I think she will do 5/10. Kipyegon could do 8/15 -- 6 races in 8 days.
                      So what will Tsegay run?

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

I have been saying for years that the way to make the throws more exciting for spectators is to go to match play, as in golf or tennis, after qualifying, in big meets. 8 qualify. You have 3 rounds of 3 throws each. I think it would be good - certainly better for the shot put. With light markers on the field for the leading throw in each round, fans would know immediately when somebody topped the best mark.
                        way better than this silly current invention

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          So what will Tsegay run?
                          The fact that she ran 5000 in their trials leads me to believe that's where the "Feds" want her.
                          Cheers,
                          Alan Shank

Comment

Originally posted by schigh View Post

From the Diamond League website, "adding drama, jeopardy and excitement for stadium spectators and the millions of television fans around the world". Really? I guess it adds jeopardy, but I would expect to read something like this in The Onion.
                            I’m sure someone else has suggested it, but to me the fix is obvious. Pay a special cash bonus to the athlete that performs best in Round 6, but all other benefits (DL points or ranking points or regular prize money) should be awarded based upon the overall competition results (i.e. all rounds).

If the goal is to incentivize the athletes to do something special in round 6 when the rest of the meet stops and television coverage is focused on one event, cash is king and it need not pervert the rules of competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                              The fact that she ran 5000 in their trials leads me to believe that's where the "Feds" want her.
                              Wale ran a different event for the Trials.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
                                I’m sure someone else has suggested it, but to me the fix is obvious. Pay a special cash bonus to the athlete that performs best in Round 6, but all other benefits (DL points or ranking points or regular prize money) should be awarded based upon the overall competition results (i.e. all rounds).

If the goal is to incentivize the athletes to do something special in round 6 when the rest of the meet stops and television coverage is focused on one event, cash is king and it need not pervert the rules of competition.

not a bad suggestion at all!

Comment

Working...
                                X