Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gm View Post
    Wow, Ingebrigtsen destroyed them on that last 200. Fantastic run, and a pretty speedy top six. Cheptegei ran out of gas.
    During the last lap, I was reminded of Marty Liquori's comment with about 500m to go in the '76 10,000m. "Lopes is a sitting duck". Had the same feeling for the field with Jakob in the race.
    Last edited by NotDutra5; 06-11-2021, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Do I have this right ? The two fastest guys in the Men's 5000 metres from the Americas, all-time, are Canadians ?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        So what will Tsegay run?
        1500 prelim is at 10am of Day 4 and 5000 final is the last event on schedule (which ends at 11pm).
        Even if she jogs the 1500, that might have some effect on the 5000. But the double is not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post
          I’m sure someone else has suggested it, but to me the fix is obvious. Pay a special cash bonus to the athlete that performs best in Round 6, but all other benefits (DL points or ranking points or regular prize money) should be awarded based upon the overall competition results (i.e. all rounds).

If the goal is to incentivize the athletes to do something special in round 6 when the rest of the meet stops and television coverage is focused on one event, cash is king and it need not pervert the rules of competition.

I don't think I'm a fan of contests within a contest, but if they make more money, cool. But, keep it simple, longest jump/throw wins. In the 68 long jump, if the last 3 jumps decide, Igor Ter-Ovanesyan is first, Alan Crawley is two, and at least Ralph Boston keeps his place at third. Brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by schigh View Post
            But, keep it simple, longest jump/throw wins.
            This is the only thing people understand about our sport.

They don't know the race distances, they don't know the names of the field events but they do know that first to the finish wins, the longest jump/throw wins and the highest jump wins.

But WA thinks it's a good idea to sweep that one little bit of knowledge away for something dreamed up at 3am after a long, heavy night in a crack den.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
              Bol 53.44
              Definitely opened my eyes with that run. Didn't look hard at all. The big race in Tokyo will be an amazing one and moving forward the next 5-10 years Sydney vs. Bol is great to look forward to.

Originally posted by AFelixFan View Post
              Asher-Smith looks so strong. Gone seems to be that forward-leaning action of hers.
              Looked great, and yeah she's fully upright now it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

Definitely opened my eyes with that run. Didn't look hard at all. The big race in Tokyo will be an amazing one and moving forward the next 5-10 years Sydney vs. Bol is great to look forward to.
                Maybe, let's see how things go. As amazing as Bol is, Sydney may be hitting 51 sooner than later. IMO, I don't imagine them trading wins or anything like that.

Comment

I had no issue adding Florence to my watchlist. It traded with Chrome. I don't appropriate the television application, so I didn't venture it?

Comment

Originally posted by rsb3 View Post
                    Do I have this right ? The two fastest guys in the Men's 5000 metres from the Americas, all-time, are Canadians ?
                    That's correct. Ahmed has two performances and Knight one, better than Lagat's US record.
                    Cheers,
                    Alan Shank

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan Shank View Post
                      That's correct. Ahmed has two performances and Knight one, better than Lagat's US record.
                      Cheers,
                      Alan Shank
                      And that is Exhibit A of how comparing 'current' performances to older ones is pointless.

Comment

• DAS!!!!!! She looked great and will be right up there again in the 200m. The extra year helping her strength wise, she's put on muscle, as well as sustaining her form in the final 50m as mentioned earlier. Plus the ponytail!

Schippers must find it hard to come back again and again from performances so far from her best. She's not got three ahead of her in the NED team so I expect her to be in Tokyo but in what form who knows.

Comment

• Anyone have JI's splits!

Comment

Working...
                          X