Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math Conversions

Indoor championships are here and I can't remember the formula for converting a 55 meter time to a 60 meter time . Is the math reliable? Are there runners who win more often with or without those extra 5 meters? Seems like it would be a wash. But, if someone is very fast out of the blocks and can reach top speed quickly, the shorter sprint might yield more wins. The opposite advantage might be seen for someone who has greater endurance and can continure to accelerate through those last 5 meters for the win..

My kid just won a college conferece title for the 55 but will need to run the 60 at regionals for D I. The 60 has been a rare event so far. I am curious if most sprinters can do either distance equally well. The coaches at this forum have always been more than helpful. Thanks

Re: Math Conversions

Originally posted by trackfan_27
    Indoor championships are here and I can't remember the formula for converting a 55 meter time to a 60 meter time
    At men's WR pace, those 5 meters are traveled in .42 seconds. For a top woman (11.00) it's closer to .47. For an 11.5 boy, it's about .50. I'm sure there's a formula lying around here somewhere, but that's the general framework for the conversion.

Comment

Working...
    X