Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Music City Track Carnival

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Music City Track Carnival

    ATL press release:


    THE MUSIC CITY HOSTS OLYMPIC HOPEFULS AT THE AMERICAN TRACK LEAGUE - MUSIC CITY TRACK CARNIVAL


    Nashville, TN- The American Track League presents the Music City Track Carnival. Another exciting opportunity to engage with Olympians and Olympic hopefuls on the road to Tokyo. This event will take place Sunday June 6th, from 4pm-6pm Central at the beautiful track at Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, TN. The event will be broadcast live on ESPN2.


    Some of the best of the best athletes in the World will be on hand. Olympic medalist and two-time World Champion Sam Kendricks will compete in the Pole Vault. In the women’s pole vault, the current World Leader Katie Nageotte will be attacking the American Record.


    Legendary Coach, Bobby Kersee brings Olympian Sydney McLaughlin to make her seasonal debut in her primary event the 400m Hurdles. Sydney has been running multiple personal bests this year in secondary events but has yet to contest her signature event, so all eyes will be on Sydney.


    World Champion over 400m, Steven Gardiner, of the Bahamas is set to run in his primary one lap event. Other World Champions, Tom Walsh (Shot Put) and Jenny Simpson (1500m) are also on hand to show their talents against very deep fields.


    800m Olympic Bronze medalist, Clayton Murphy, will try his hand in the metric mile (1500m) looking to lay down a qualifying mark setting up a potential double for the Tokyo Olympics.


    In total more than 15 World and Olympic medalists will be on hand to hone their skills in a final tune-up ahead of the all-important US Olympic Trials.

  • #2
    ESPN2 apparently
    Last edited by NotDutra5; 06-04-2021, 02:24 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      The Jacksonville meet was fun to watch, looking forward to this one, too!

      Comment


      • #4
        Partial Entry lists (events 800m and up): https://musiccitytrackcarnival.org/w...s-June%202.pdf

        Start lists/Live Results will be here: https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=2306
        Last edited by ATK; 06-04-2021, 05:39 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm told that there are going to be some very strong high school events as well. The distance guys from Newbury Park are bypassing their sectional championship meet to compete here, among others.

          Comment


          • #6
            Interesting fact. According to Katie Nageotte she was supposed to pole vault this weekend in Ohio but there weren't enough competitors to have her performances legitimately marked so she decided to compete in Nashville instead.

            Comment


            • #7
              Full start lists now up: https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=2306

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ATK View Post
                Full start lists now up: https://live.pttiming.com/?mid=2306
                Cheat sheet - times ET

                4:15 wSP Ramsey T-Dodd, Saunders, Johnson
                5:30 wPV Nageotte
                5:50 mSP Walsh, Ponzio, Awotunde
                6:00 mPV Sam, KC, Ludwig
                6:35 w800 Price, Southerland, Osika
                6:42 m400 Gardiner
                7:38 w400H McLaughlin
                7:47 m1500 Murphy
                7:54 w1500 Simpson

                Comment


                • #9
                  Note that 2012 Olympian Becky Holliday now has 2 kids and is 41 years old, but has gotten back into pole vaulting, jumping 4.20m recently. She will be attempting to break some W40 records at this meet. I think she has broken a few W40 records at smaller club meets recently, but no idea if any of them had enough officials to be ratified.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                    Note that 2012 Olympian Becky Holliday now has 2 kids and is 41 years old, but has gotten back into pole vaulting, jumping 4.20m recently. She will be attempting to break some W40 records at this meet. I think she has broken a few W40 records at smaller club meets recently, but no idea if any of them had enough officials to be ratified.
                    The Women's 40 & over record is either 4.10 or 4.11.
                    So if she goes over 4.20, it's hers!

                    As an aside, when I first found out your name was Becca, I thought YOU were Becky Holliday!!
                    In fact, I think I even mentioned that to you one time!
                    LOL
                    Last edited by aaronk; 06-04-2021, 11:16 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very interested to see what McLaughlin will do over 400mH. I'll guess 53.45 if decent weather.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by steveu View Post
                        Very interested to see what McLaughlin will do over 400mH. I'll guess 53.45 if decent weather.
                        I assumed 54 or better and wouldn't be shocked if it was better.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by steveu View Post
                          Very interested to see what McLaughlin will do over 400mH. I'll guess 53.45 if decent weather.
                          I'll take that bet.

                          I'll be looking for two things - first and foremost is she actually up on the damn start line, and what if any effect running sprint hurdle rhythm all year has on her IM technique.

                          Let's say 54-54.5
                          There are no strings on me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by guru View Post
                            I'll take that bet. I'll be looking for two things - first and foremost is she actually up on the damn start line, and what if any effect running sprint hurdle rhythm all year has on her IM technique. Let's say 54-54.5
                            Little's first race this year, in March, was 50.19. I wouldn't assume that SM is not in that good shape also, esp. considering the Trials are so close. I'll say sub-54 also. 53.45 is as good a guess as any. She knows that Little's already at 53.12, less than a second off the (superb) WR, so she would want to respond in kind.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Little's first race this year, in March, was 50.19. I wouldn't assume that SM is not in that good shape also...
                              Considering McLaughlin ran 51.16 six weeks ago(her slowest opener since HS) I wouldnt be so sure about that.

                              I'm sticking with the 54.xx

                              There are no strings on me

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X