Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic Trials - Status of Entries

https://www.usatf.org/events/2021/20...tus-of-entries

I notice a lot of collegians (and some pros, too) aren't entered yet.
    The deadline is tomorrow (well, technically, Monday at 3am ET).

Are we just being casual, or is this a cool T&F version of 'Chicken' ?

I haven't heard anything from Kipchirchir (m10K), but he looked good in getting 2nd at the River Run 15K here in March. He's not in any of the LR discussions either.
    I'm looking forward to Kerley's triple in the 100-200-400 ! That first Sunday will be a doozy:
    6:19 m100 SF
    7:15 m400 F
    7:52 m100 F
    Last edited by Atticus; 06-06-2021, 05:58 PM.

Several changes from yesterday, when I first checked it out!
    Richardson's on the 100 & 200--wasn't on either yesterday!
    They list Nikki Hiltz as Dominique Hiltz!
    Syd McLaughlin still not on the list for 400H!
    Tonea Marshall is on the list for 100H, but without a Q or not Q designation!
    Ditto with Brianna McNeal!

BTW, Declarations don't begin until Tuesday--and end on the 14th!
    But to enter, the deadline is tomorrow!
    Last edited by aaronk; 06-06-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      They list Nikki Hiltz as Dominique Hiltz!
      That's her name.

Comment

Noticed Edrick Floreal Jr. in the m200. He has a 20.29 this year (0.05 shy of the OlyQ of 20.24), but not enough races to be ranked. I assume he is a dual citizen (USA/CAN), so can he use this meet to possibly get the Oly Q, and still compete for CAN?... or does competing here mean he is going all-in on making it to the Olympics as an American?

Comment

Pretty sure only those that plan to represent the US can compete in US championships(Trials or otherwise)
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

That's her name.
            Yeah, I figured that, since Nikki's the only Hiltz I'm aware of!
            I'd just never saw her listed as Dominique before!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
              Pretty sure only those that plan to represent the US can compete in US championships(Trials or otherwise)
              You have to be eligible to represent Team USA. His World Athletics profile says Canada, seems a little last minute to change that?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

You have to be eligible to represent Team USA. His World Athletics profile says Canada, seems a little last minute to change that?
                Has he ever represented Canada? His mother is American while his father is Canadian. So isnt he just eligible for both until he makes a decision/gets the opportunity to represent one internationally?

Comment

Is Jenn Suhr competing this year? She isn’t on the OT lists and per world Athletics she hasn’t competed this year at all.

Comment

my take would be that Floréal, with no international reps, could still compete for either nation, but that competing in the OT doesn't knock him off Canadian representation possibility. Can't cite you chapter and verse (thinking Jamaican woman hurdler) of somebody who ran in the OT, didn't make team and went on to second-citizenship Olympian.

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                      my take would be that Floréal, with no international reps, could still compete for either nation, but that competing in the OT doesn't knock him off Canadian representation possibility. Can't cite you chapter and verse (thinking Jamaican woman hurdler) of somebody who ran in the OT, didn't make team and went on to second-citizenship Olympian.
                      Didn't Jasmine Camacho-Quinn do that?

Comment

Felix not listed yet - although she often goes last minute - but Gaby Thomas is listed for both the 200 and 400

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Didn't Jasmine Camacho-Quinn do that?
                          Yes, she missed the 2016 OT finals by 0.02 and 1 week later was representing Puerto Rico at the NACAC U23 games and then the Olympics in August. If you have connections to both countries, why not?
                          Last edited by ATK; 06-06-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

I don't get why waiting til the last minute to enter would be a good strategy and, also, maybe the website is not updated too currently.

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                              I don't get why waiting til the last minute to enter would be a good strategy and, also, maybe the website is not updated too currently.
                              It's basically automatic. If you refresh your screen, that's the latest list of entrants.

Comment

Working...
                              X