Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Trials - Status of Entries

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
    The entry deadline and the qualification window having different end points was bound to cause a problem...

    ...
    with the proximity of the two meets, the pragmatics of processing entries needed to wrap on the earlier date; if they hadn't had different dates, they would have had to make the qualifying date end earlier, not the entry ending later

    Comment


    • Originally posted by gh View Post

      with the proximity of the two meets, the pragmatics of processing entries needed to wrap on the earlier date; if they hadn't had different dates, they would have had to make the qualifying date end earlier, not the entry ending later
      Yeah _I_ get all of that, but I can see why all of the different dates would be confusing for college coaches who don't follow the ins and outs of USATF qualifying very closely.

      I don't have a better solution. College coaches should pay more attention to USATF if they want their athletes to get in the Olympic Trials, but I do have some level of sympathy for a situation involving an athlete who appeared to have no shot at getting in, who then has a big day at NCAAs but it is too late to enter.

      Comment


      • I do have some level of sympathy for a situation involving an athlete who appeared to have no shot at getting in, who then has a big day at NCAAs but it is too late to enter.
        Except that I see some pretty 'non-elite' marks, so if you ANY shot at all, ya shoulda entered.

        Comment


        • Regarding Athing Mu and doing the 400m/800, immediately after her easy 400m round at NCAAs she tweeted: "Yup Im going back to the 800😭😭😭".

          Combined with other comments she's been making throughout the year, I'm starting to suspect she just doesn't like the 400m, or at least doesn't like starting blocks, which are required in the 400m (but not the relay).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ATK View Post
            Regarding Athing Mu and doing the 400m/800, immediately after her easy 400m round at NCAAs she tweeted: "Yup Im going back to the 800😭😭😭".

            Combined with other comments she's been making throughout the year, I'm starting to suspect she just doesn't like the 400m, or at least doesn't like starting blocks, which are required in the 400m (but not the relay).
            The 400 hurts a lot worse than the 800.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by gm View Post

              The 400 hurts a lot worse than the 800.
              Shamier Little recently said that the 400H hurts worse than both of them.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

                Shamier Little recently said that the 400H hurts worse than both of them.
                That's for dang sure!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by gm View Post
                  That's for dang sure!
                  Which is why only a sadist could have invented the Steeplechase.
                  'Here, go run about 2 miles as hard as you can, but, oh, by the way, every now and then there will be something in your way to have to jump over, and sometimes you'll have to land in water.'

                  Running 400m or 3000m all out is bad enough. Adding barriers is just mean.

                  Comment


                  • Meanwhile....

                    Individual tickets now on sale....


                    https://www.gotracktownusa.com/tracktown20


                    Comment


                    • What's the promo code they're talking about?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                        What's the promo code they're talking about?
                        What do you mean?

                        Comment


                        • So, we'll sell you a ticket for $145, but wait, there's more! Buying that ticket will cost you another $15.
                          Doncha love the nuance of scam artistry?

                          I also love the euphemism of "Physically Distanced" for "Anti-Vax Morons that we don't want anywhere near us" (though I'd guess there's <10% of them that have valid med reasons).
                          Last edited by Atticus; 06-11-2021, 05:16 PM.

                          Comment


                          • I spent 2.5 hours waiting online today to try and purchase tickets, but it was not to be.

                            My fiancée and I are getting married next week, and we are spending one day of our honeymoon in Eugene. We are hoping to secure a couple of tickets to the Trials on Saturday, June 26th.

                            Comment


                            • It will be interesting to see if any of the college athletes who competed on Day 1, and are just outside the bubble to get into the Olympic Trials, go down to Chula Vista to try and get a last chance mark for Trials.

                              Comment


                              • The meet is sold out unless you are a wheelchair and companion....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X