Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶ '21 mNCAA Dec: Karel Tilga (Georgia) 8261

T&FN formchart:

1. Karel Tilga’ (Georgia)......................................... ...... So
    2. Ayden Owens’ (Michigan)....................................... So
    3. Will Daniels (Iowa)............................................ ........ Sr
    4. Markus Ballengee (Arkansas)................................. Sr
    5. Austin West (Iowa)............................................ ....... Fr
    6. Leo Neugebauer’ (Texas)........................................ Fr
    7. Max Vollmer’ (Oregon).......................................... ... So
    8. Isaiah Martin (Purdue).......................................... .... So
    9. Alex Spyridonidis’ (Auburn).................................... Jr
    10. Daniel Spejcher (Arkansas)................................... So
    Last edited by gh; 06-11-2021, 02:41 AM.

My two cents:

Projected
    Rank
    Athlete
    Projected
    Score
    Tilga
    Owens
    Neugebauer
    Ballengee
    Vollmer
    Daniels
    West
    Frid
    Spejcher
    Martin
    Spyridonidis

Comment

David - I have almost same top 5... I'll go with Tilga-Owens-Ballengee-Nuegebauer-Daniels, but expect (and hoping for) higher scores across-the-board.
      If weather permits and they get off to good starts, Tilga could be shooting for CR, and if Owens wants any chance at Tokyo, then he'll need a 100+ point PR (Q=8350, PR=8238). I'll take the optimist role here.

Comment

some statistics about decathlon results in 2010-2019.

Finishing the decathlon
        Of the 24 qualified athletes on average 20 (roughly 83%) complete the decathlon.
        Best year: 2011 with 23 complete the decathlon
        Worse year: 2019 with only 15 decathletes complete the decathlon.

Relative to qualification mark
        Of those completing the decathlon - roughly 40% have better results than their qualifying marks.
        One quarter of those that finished the decathlon improve their qualification mark by more than 100 points
        15% improve their qualification mark by more than 200 points.

Big power houses:
        Oregon - 15
        Texas - 14
        Georgia - 14
        Arkansas - 14

Above 8000 points
        Roughly 3 per year
        Best year 2013 (6)
        Not surprising Georgia is leading with 8 performances.

Comment

Originally posted by miketandf View Post
          David - I have almost same top 5... I'll go with Tilga-Owens-Ballengee-Nuegebauer-Daniels, but expect (and hoping for) higher scores across-the-board.
          If weather permits and they get off to good starts, Tilga could be shooting for CR, and if Owens wants any chance at Tokyo, then he'll need a 100+ point PR (Q=8350, PR=8238). I'll take the optimist role here.
          My usual disclaimer:

My projections are based on summing average event performances. For the women, I average over one year (the present year). For the men, I average over two years (the previous year and the present year). Previous experience has shown that these sample periods result in more accurate predictions.

The primary purpose of these projections is to enhance the fan experience by providing some insight into the actual leaders, who may or may not top the leaderboard early in the competition.

We anticipate—and sincerely hope—that the athletes will generally outscore these projections, because they are peaking for this championship event. The difference may be viewed as a shortcoming of my present methodology. Alternatively, it may be viewed as a measure of successful preparation by coaches and athletes.

Comment

got it - thanks.

Comment

I love that we have our multis cognoscenti to help us appreciate the comps more!

Comment

This thing has started. Anyone watching the stream?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                  This thing has started. Anyone watching the stream?
                  I am now. Had to reload the web page.

Comment

Espn working great for me... Tilga already with a PR, Ballengee ties PR. Nuegebauer off to a not-so-good start, Owens' 10.64 is sub-par also (PR=10.40)
                    Last edited by miketandf; 06-09-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Excellent start for Tilga, already 42 points ahead of his PB.

Comment

With Tilga's PR in the 100, here's a look at what he'll need to do for the collegiate record...

TilgaCollegeRecordPace.jpg

Comment

As usual, live results not ready for prime time. Anybody out there have an alternative?

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
                            As usual, live results not ready for prime time. Anybody out there have an alternative?
                            If you go ahead and click on results for the 100 meter decathlon they show up. At least they did for me. But yes the front page is not updating correctly to show there is data in other pages.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post

If you go ahead and click on results for the 100 meter decathlon they show up. At least they did for me. But yes the front page is not updating correctly to show there is data in other pages.
                              Don't see where to "click on results for the 100 meter decathlon" here: http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1outdoor21/

Comment

Working...
                              X