Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ ’21 mNCAA 400H: Sean Burrell (LSU) 47.85 WJR (CL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶ ’21 mNCAA 400H: Sean Burrell (LSU) 47.85 WJR (CL)

T&FN formchart:

1. Isaiah Levingston (Oklahoma)................................ Jr
    2. Moitalel Mpoke’ (Texas A&M)................................ Jr
    3. Sean Burrell (LSU)............................................. ....... Fr
    4. Cameron Samuel (USC).......................................... Sr
    5. Leonardo Ledgister’ (Texas A&M–Corpus Christi) So
    6. Charles Brockman (Texas)...................................... Jr
    7. William Spencer (South Carolina).......................... Fr
    8. Malik Metivier’ (Auburn).......................................... . Sr
    9. Joshua Smith (Sam Houston State)...................... Sr
    10. Jamal Britt (Iowa)............................................ ....... Jr
    Last edited by gh; 06-10-2021, 01:21 PM.

So I get Burrell!

Comment

Levingston started the year running 51.65 and is now down to 48.58. His footspeed might hold him back from more massive improvement but it will probably take 48.5 to win this.

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
        Levingston started the year running 51.65 and is now down to 48.58. His footspeed might hold him back from more massive improvement but it will probably take 48.5 to win this.
        Impressive credentials indeed but I'm going with Sean Burrell who is in his first year as a 400 hurdler and has better speed
        than Levingston, Sean ran 45.42 this March and was high school champ in the open 400.

Comment

Originally posted by Psyclone View Post

Impressive credentials indeed but I'm going with Sean Burrell who is in his first year as a 400 hurdler and has better speed
          than Levingston, Sean ran 45.42 this March and was high school champ in the open 400.
          You could be right and likely will be right in the future as he'll eventually get the technique down. I figure there are better odds for Levingston to repeat 48.5 than Burrell to discover 48.5. Best part is we'll find out soon.
          Last edited by booond; 06-09-2021, 03:22 AM.

Comment

The most encouraging thing about Burrell is that he was able to successfully alternate legs at regionals for the first time in his life after only two weeks of practice. I realize it was a little rough but it takes a special athlete to have the confidence to pull that off in such a high stakes meet. I heard Kerron Clement could alternate in practice but as we all know he always chickened out in meets.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              The most encouraging thing about Burrell is that he was able to successfully alternate legs at regionals for the first time in his life after only two weeks of practice. I realize it was a little rough but it takes a special athlete to have the confidence to pull that off in such a high stakes meet. I heard Kerron Clement could alternate in practice but as we all know he always chickened out in meets.
              100% agree.

Comment

Four guys have broken 49.0 this year and three are in Heat three.

Comment

Great 3rd Semi. Burrell hit a hurdle and Mpoke was smooth.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think Burrell, immediately ran on the inside lane a couple times right after the start. They may be lenient though

Comment

advanced

1. Isaiah Levingston (Oklahoma)................................ Jr
                      2. Moitalel Mpoke’ (Texas A&M)................................ Jr
                      3. Sean Burrell (LSU)............................................. ....... Fr
                      4. Cameron Samuel (USC).......................................... Sr
                      5. Leonardo Ledgister’ (Texas A&M–Corpus Christi) So
                      6. Charles Brockman (Texas)...................................... Jr
                      8. Malik Metivier’ (Auburn).......................................... . Sr

didn't advance
                      7. William Spencer (South Carolina).......................... Fr
                      9. Joshua Smith (Sam Houston State)...................... Sr
                      10. Jamal Britt (Iowa)............................................ ....... Jr

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        I could be wrong, but I think Burrell, immediately ran on the inside lane a couple times right after the start. They may be lenient though
                        Noticed that immediately as well. I was nervous for him. Surprised they didn’t get him on a DQ

Comment

Burrell took 14 steps through hurdle 7 yesterday. He's made a lot of progress in a short amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                            He is all over the lane. I was just waiting for him to step out of it.

Comment

Levingston ran 50.51 as a freshman in 2018, but was slowed by an injury in 2019 (best of 52.05)

Comment

Working...
                              X