Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ ’21 mNCAA 400H: Sean Burrell (LSU) 47.85 WJR (CL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

He is all over the lane. I was just waiting for him to step out of it.
    On watch back, its pretty clear he stepped out multiple times and ran for a step or 2 on the inside lane. But honestly, I want to see him run, so....no complaints here

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      He is all over the lane. I was just waiting for him to step out of it.
      He is definitely a bull in a china shop out there, but he's too fast and too strong to deny.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        He is definitely a bull in a china shop out there, but he's too fast and too strong to deny.
        His high school 110H races were pretty smoothe so I would expect his 400H races to smoothe out once he gets some more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          His high school 110H races were pretty smoothe so I would expect his 400H races to smoothe out once he gets some more experience.
          Are you talking about the HIGH Hurdles? That's completely different. Only the dominant leg leads there, but as you can see with Kersee's handing of SM, EVERYONE continues to need work on the non-dom leg.
          Which again, I must point out, should have NEVER happened in HS. In the Highs, it's pretty easy to pick which lead to have - just watch them run and jump to try and touch something high - whichever leg they took off from is NOT the lead leg. But as soon as you get to the 300H/400H, there should never be a preference. That's real easy to do, if you start from Day 1.
          Last edited by Atticus; 06-10-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Are you talking about the HIGH Hurdles? That's completely different. Only the dominant leg leads there, but as you can see with Kersee's handing of SM, EVERYONE continues to need work on the non-dom leg.
            Which again, I must point out, should have NEVER happened in HS. In the Highs, it's pretty easy to pick which lead to have - just watch them run and jump to try and touch something high - whichever leg they took off from is NOT the lead leg. But as soon as you get to the 300H/400H, there should never be a preference. That's real easy to do, if you start from Day 1.
            I think he's using his non-dominant leg as well as can be expected considering the fact that he had never used it in his life up until a month ago. I brought up the 110H because he was a lot smoother than most school kids running that race.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
              I think he's using his non-dominant leg as well as can be expected considering the fact that he had never used it in his life up until a month ago.
              You nailed it before when you noted how little experience he has with his 'other' let and his willingness to do it in such an important situation. He'll never be as good as he is with the 'right' leg, but he'll get lots better and THAT is why I (and you!) am so high on this kid. Maybe no 47 this year, but I do see it next.

Comment

C'mon, Squirrell!!

Comment

WJR!!!

Comment

WHOA 47.85!

Burrell will be running 46 sooner than later. His form is still relatively terrible!

Comment

47.85! WJR...4th all college.

Comment

SQUIRREL in 47.85!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post
                            WJR!!!
                            With rugged form too

Comment

That was damn impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by tm71 View Post
                                With rugged form too
                                I thought he looked quantum leaps better!

Comment

Working...
                                X