Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

I agree with that... obviously the shoes make a difference.... also the English dude who won had a PR by 40 seconds.
    Interestingly, it was only his third 10000 race on the track (all run this year). I think he's actually 24, which is on the old side for the NCAA having been at Loughborough in the UK. I do remember him being amongst the top 3000 and cross-country runners of his age in the UK in his mid teens. The photo on his profile here must be about 10 years old:

https://www.thepowerof10.info/athlet...thleteid=81765

Comment

Comparing different eras is always problematic. ...
      i have no problem with problematic; now impossible, on the other hand....

Comment

Despite an utter devastation of the meet record, none of these standouts actually cracked the all-time collegiate list (need sub-27:40 for that). But looks like a few guys, led by Brandt, crack the U.S. additions (US-born collegians top 10).

Comment

I'm just enjoying the fast times.
          Yup, that's the only sane approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post

Interestingly, it was only his third 10000 race on the track (all run this year). I think he's actually 24, which is on the old side for the NCAA having been at Loughborough in the UK. I do remember him being amongst the top 3000 and cross-country runners of his age in the UK in his mid teens. The photo on his profile here must be about 10 years old:

https://www.thepowerof10.info/athlet...thleteid=81765
            Jane Shields wrote that he is a year older than her son at Boise State, who is 23...they have raced each other since U15s...

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

i have no problem with problematic; now impossible, on the other hand....
              I can understand that....

Comment

I don't think any speedskating fans are wondering "how fast could Eric Heiden skate with today's clap skate..."

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
                  Despite an utter devastation of the meet record, none of these standouts actually cracked the all-time collegiate list (need sub-27:40 for that). But looks like a few guys, led by Brandt, crack the U.S. additions (US-born collegians top 10).
                  Indeed...Eyestone ran 27:41 in 1985 while at BYU...

Comment

I vote that they have a channel for the distance races sans commentary if they can't find anyone to do it correctly. Just pump in the feed from the PA. Sounds like it's McNulty and he knows the runners, pace and places.

Comment

PA is Paul Swangard and Tom Feuer

Comment

Track commentary is very good....speaker system works well...

Comment

Working...
                        X