Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶ ’21 wNCAA LJ: Tara Davis (Texas) 21-11¾

T&FN formchart:

1. Tara Davis (Texas)........................................... ....................... Jr
    2. Claire Bryant (Florida)......................................... ................... Fr
    3. Tyra Gittens’ (Texas A&M)............................................ .. ...... Jr
    4. Jasmine Moore (Georgia)......................................... ............. So
    5. Alysah Hickey (Oregon).......................................... ............... Fr
    6. Taishia Pryce’ (Kansas State)............................................ ... Sr
    7. Deborah Acquah’ (Texas A&M)............................................ Sr
    8. Ruth Usoro’ (Texas Tech)............................................. ........ Jr
    9. Aliyah Whisby (LSU)............................................. .................. Sr
    10. Monae’ Nichols (Texas Tech)............................................. Sr
    Last edited by gh; 06-11-2021, 02:02 PM.

I'm looking for some Hayward Magic to happen here. Big Shooter, comin' out!

Comment

Gittens will have fresh legs so this could be quite the battle. AM smelling big points in this event if Acquah beats the prediction.

Comment

Tight for top spots. Excellent competition.

Comment

Help me out, I'm new here. Tuned in late to wLJ, noted finals held on two runways. Presumably, prelims on two pits and finalists stayed on the same pit. Thanks to the graphics you could kinda keep up; although the 7, 8, 9 jumpers sometimes jumped after the leaders. OK, it would not be "fair" to relocate some jumpers but somehow it kinda abrades my Luddite soul. How did they seed the simultaneous preliminary "flights"?

Comment

At one point the jumpers in 6-11th place were at 20'10 to 20'10 3/4" -- six within two cm.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
              At one point the jumpers in 6-11th place were at 20'10 to 20'10 3/4" -- six within two cm.
              That's about where I came in. Surprisingly common to have a tie for the last place in the finals but a three-way tie is a rarity.

Comment

not as tight as '09 was:

1. Kim Williams' (Florida State) So 21-5½w

2. Karolina Köhler (San Diego State) Jr 21-5½

3. Jamesha Youngblood (Oregon) So 21-5½

4. Rhonda Watkins' (UCLA) Sr 21-5¼

5. DeAna Carson (Baylor) Jr 21-4¾

6. Shara Proctor' (Florida) Jr 21-4¾

Comment

Was the weather bad?
                  With all that talent present, surprised there were no 22 footers!
                  I thought there would be at least 3 of them!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                    Was the weather bad?
                    With all that talent present, surprised there were no 22 footers!
                    I thought there would be at least 3 of them!
                    Yeah only 1 PB or SB out of 24 jumpers. Clearly not ideal.

Comment

winds ranged from +2.5 to –1.1, kind of thing that makes getting steps right rough

Comment

Costa Goulas says Tara Davis used a 16 stride approach at NCAA and said that was a short approach. What is typical for an elite long jumper?

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                          Costa Goulas says Tara Davis used a 16 stride approach at NCAA and said that was a short approach. What is typical for an elite long jumper?
                          8-lefts (or rights) is NOT a short approach for most good jumpers. 9 to 10 is common among elites. 11 is more than most can handle (step problems ensue).

Comment

Working...
                          X