Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, when the braces come off

Comment

• I don't understand how they didn't cut to a WR attempt in the PV while they were showing a REPLAY of the 10,000. The WR attempt could've been the moment of the meet and they didn't cut to it.

Comment

• I have less than zero sympathy for anyone who can't see the nbcolympics.com streams because they decided to "cut the cord" at some point, and then kvetches about the coverage.

Comment

• This has been FANTASTIC coverage thru all the separate NBC FE streams! As gh mentioned, you can't have the results tab open as you watch them, but it's only a 2 athlete delay, so you can manage to see everything 'live' if you want. It does require multiple windows open on each of several monitors, but that's easily accomplished. It drove me nuts in Tucson, but now that I'm used to it, it's just like being there, only BETTER, because the standings are always on-screen.

Comment

• You can't access these streams outside the US, so a bit relying on the broadcast by necessity.
            More generally the tendancy is to eject the field events from the TV feed ... only got one screen ? So much for the jumps and throws.
            ​​

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I think part of it is that the coverage of the trials has moved out of the main networks and branched out to more specified coverage which makes the focus on certain athletes even more prevalent. Having said that, as a watcher of NBC, the Biles thing is not remotely a current issue. She has been at the head of their promotional game for many many months. I assume the decision maker for Biles coverage has issued the decree that the same apply to Felix in the T&F world. Had Felix stayed retired, we'd probably be getting a ton of McLaughlin focus. I don't think Richardson has been at the forefront long enough to have attracted the attention of the NBC people.
              I think the main network is much worse than the specialized channels. They cater to the general audience, while only hard core fans are watching the Olympic channel. The OC coverage of women's 10k and men's 5k were better than anything on NBC.

About McLaughlin, I think she is already yesterday's news for NBC. When they did the preview of track & field trial during the swimming trial, they spent 90% of their time on Felix and her daughter. The only three other names they mentioned were Richardson, Bromell and Lyles. (Ato was interviewed by Mike Tirico for this preview.)

Comment

• Guess what is happening? NBCSN is actually showing a field event live. It's something I didn't think would happen. Then again it's not on the main NBC network.

Comment

• Ah!!! 13 minutes in and we've seen two jumps!
                  You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• It might be too much to ask but it would be useful if they would also mention the heptathlon score and upcoming 800m along with the LJ competition.

Comment

• Leigh Diffey grew on me, I like him considering he's not a "track" guy. Really good voice, didn't hog the mike, no major mis-calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by ralmcg View Post
                        Guess what is happening? NBCSN is actually showing a field event live. It's something I didn't think would happen. Then again it's not on the main NBC network.
                        And NBCSN is being eliminated at the end of 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
                          And NBCSN is being eliminated at the end of 2021.
                          Everything to Peacock+ ($$$)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                            That's been the plan hasn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post
                              Leigh Diffey grew on me, I like him considering he's not a "track" guy. Really good voice, didn't hog the mike, no major mis-calls.
                              The fact that he's not a track guy is what is good about him. I've been watching Leigh commentate on various forms of motorsport since about 2006 and he very obviously does his homework. The same has been true of his coverage of T&F. Also, he's obviously improving at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Some of their sports coverage will also move to USA Network, which up to now has been mostly "entertainment" programming, rather than sports - old episodes of Law and Order SVU, and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X