Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best part of the commentating was not throwing things at the TV, except for the interviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Earlier I had a replay of last night's events on and my wife walked by during Felix 200m semi and stopped for a second to watch. As they showed Felix after the race, my wife said "that's the lady with the baby". My wife pays very little attention to sports but always watches the Olympics. She's the target audience....for better or worse.
      Now the IOC is saying athletes can't bring their infants (and caregivers and other family members) to the games?

Comment

• Originally posted by schigh View Post

Now the IOC is saying athletes can't bring their infants (and caregivers and other family members) to the games?
        No family members has been the case for awhile...I've posted a few articles on that. Leave the baby at home.

Comment

That has probably been the rule forever. It's just that over the past 20 years or so, entitled athletes like basketballers, Serena Williams etc - have been allowed to fly their private jets to the host city, live in a luxury penthouse and do pretty much what they want.

Not in the covid world baby...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vault-emort View Post

That has probably been the rule forever. It's just that over the past 20 years or so, entitled athletes like basketballers, Serena Williams etc - have been allowed to fly their private jets to the host city, live in a luxury penthouse and do pretty much what they want.

Not in the covid world baby...
            “Entitled athletes”? Any IOC bureaucrat is easily replaceable by any of the million other bureaucrats in waiting. OTH athletes like Serena, one of the greatest tennis players in history, are literally 1 in a billion, to put it conservatively. Without them there is no Olympics and you and I left to play horseshoes in the park.

Comment

• Originally posted by That70sGuy View Post

“Entitled athletes”? Any IOC bureaucrat is easily replaceable by any of the million other bureaucrats in waiting. OTH athletes like Serena, one of the greatest tennis players in history, are literally 1 in a billion, to put it conservatively. Without them there is no Olympics and you and I left to play horseshoes in the park.
              Who really cares about tennis and the Olympics... with 4 far more important majors every year! it is more of a novelty than anything else...and an IOC publicity grab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

No family members has been the case for awhile...I've posted a few articles on that. Leave the baby at home.
                Generally agree traveling with kids right now is ill-advised, but can see how if you're breast feeding its a bit of an issue. But was more thinking what's NBC going to do? Camp out at Felix's home in LA to get the baby footage? That would be pretty annoying.

Comment

Generally agree traveling with kids right now is ill-advised, but can see how if you're breast feeding its a bit of an issue. But was more thinking what's NBC going to do? Camp out at Felix's home in LA to get the baby footage? That would be pretty annoying.
                  Then stay home.. it is a pandemic still in most of the world.

Who knows what nonsense NBC can come up with...
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-29-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by That70sGuy View Post

well there won't be any Serena this year 'cos I can't take my daughter overseas to be with me during a pandemic' so good luck with our horse-**** game in the park..

Comment

. . . . . But was more thinking what's NBC going to do? Camp out at Felix's home in LA to get the baby footage? . . . . .
                      "We'd like to introduce you to the youngest member of our NBC Sports coverage team . . . . . "

Comment

• Not sure if he has any interest, and he comes with luggage (not Michael Vick or Ray Lewis luggage though and they are commentators) but I wouldn’t mind seeing Kevin Hadsell commentating. He’s been away from the sport about a decade and has a whole successful career as an actor and radio host. His live show each week is very good and he’s always commenting on track and is very knowledgeable.

just a thought.

here’s his latest show where he talks Richardson’s issu Shelby Houlihan (in his convo with his guest). Would be interesting to see him cover a meet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          That's been my gripe. Leave the back-stories to American Idol. Tell me what's going on here and now.
                          Back stories, even if inserted, can be done quickly and crisply rather than drawn out. My favorite comes from not just baseball, rather than track & field, but from fictional baseball. Bob Uecker, announcing the game in the movie Major League (1989), reports that rookie reliever Ricky Vaughn, played by Charlie Sheen, has come in to pitch, and informs listeners that "Vaughn's a juvenile delinquent in the off season."
                          Last edited by CKuykendall; 07-15-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• Ball 122!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                              Ball 122!
                              (I think you meant to write 12, not 122.)

Comment

• Originally posted by CKuykendall View Post

Back stories, even if inserted, can be done quickly and crisply rather than drawn out. My favorite comes from not just baseball, rather than track & field, but from fictional baseball. Bob Uecker, announcing the game in the movie Major League (1989), reports that rookie reliever Ricky Vaughn, played by Charlie Sheen, has come in to pitch, and informs listeners that "Vaughn's a juvenile delinquent in the off season."
                                Uek should call a track meet sometime. "I was a $5,000 bonus babe for the Braves when I signed. I was really surprised that my father was willing to pay them that kind of money so I could play."

Comment

Working...
                                X