Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ranting & raving on TV commentators

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by rhymans View Post
    Particularly when he was a 4:05.23 miler in High School 4 years ago
    Even better, Richard - Teare was 4:00.xx at Mt SAC as a senior.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Ms. Montgomery - she is apparently done as a broadcaster.

      https://www.instagram.com/p/CP_PsWBnCOy/

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
        Re: Ms. Montgomery - she is apparently done as a broadcaster.

        Interesting timing, considering the Allie Ostrander news this week.
        There are no strings on me

        Comment


        • #34
          Over here in the UK, I was round my parents last night and discovered (on a channel that I don't have myself) live coverage of the NCAA. As it was late, I checked out the timetable and decided I would stay until the 400 as I wanted to see Athing Mu (and 'new Brit' Nicole Yeargin). It was the ESPN feed and I can now understand you guys' complaints. It does seem that the commentary is aimed at someone who watches the sport maybe once or twice a year. While you could go too far the other way, and speak as if all your audience are immensely knowledgeable about all technical and procedural aspects, they should realise that most of the audience are likely to be generally pretty clued-up.

          Comment


          • #35
            I take it back....I must have tuned her out or something. I listened to her(who couldn't) more and she does talk the entire time and use some of the same lines again and again.
            I wonder who will replace her. I guess they'll give Carrie a shot though they seem to pass her over.
            I thought some of these broadcasters were locked into contracts with certain outlets, but Lewis Johnson and Sanya Richards-Ross did ESPN coverage recently so they may not be bound to NBC.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by guru View Post


              Interesting timing, considering the Allie Ostrander news this week.
              Other than not being able to handle her constant yammering, I am not familiar with the Ostrander issue which has come up a few times. Is there a one or two sentence summation of what happened?

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

                Other than not being able to handle her constant yammering, I am not familiar with the Ostrander issue which has come up a few times. Is there a one or two sentence summation of what happened?
                https://www.si.com/track-and-field/2...ts-boise-state

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                  Re: Ms. Montgomery - she is apparently done as a broadcaster.

                  https://www.instagram.com/p/CP_PsWBnCOy/
                  They really canned her...great...

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
                    Over here in the UK, I was round my parents last night and discovered (on a channel that I don't have myself) live coverage of the NCAA. As it was late, I checked out the timetable and decided I would stay until the 400 as I wanted to see Athing Mu (and 'new Brit' Nicole Yeargin). It was the ESPN feed and I can now understand you guys' complaints. It does seem that the commentary is aimed at someone who watches the sport maybe once or twice a year. While you could go too far the other way, and speak as if all your audience are immensely knowledgeable about all technical and procedural aspects, they should realise that most of the audience are likely to be generally pretty clued-up.
                    Reading the Montgomery thread elsewhere it appears her commentary more what her bosses thought, who have zero interest in track, than any concern for her listeners. Seems a bit of an egomaniac.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I am glad she is retiring. She was ruining the TV coverage. I'd rather listen to anyone else, heck even Larry Rawson or Andrew Wheating.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
                        I am glad she is retiring. She was ruining the TV coverage. I'd rather listen to anyone else, heck even Larry Rawson or Andrew Wheating.
                        Only good thing she did was unite track fans everywhere in her awfulness....not even LR or Stones's slipups could do that.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by guru View Post
                          Interesting timing, considering the Allie Ostrander news this week.
                          What news is that?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
                            What news is that?
                            Never mind - I saw the link above

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post

                              Never mind - I saw the link above
                              The link above is the backstory. Of course this week Ostrander revealed she has been hospitalized the last month for treatment of a long-term eating disorder, which I'm sure comments like Montgomery's "(Ostrander) looks like she should be playing with Barbie dolls" didnt help.
                              There are no strings on me

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by guru View Post

                                The link above is the backstory. Of course this week Ostrander revealed she has been hospitalized the last month for treatment of a long-term eating disorder, which I'm sure comments like Montgomery's "(Ostrander) looks like she should be playing with Barbie dolls" didnt help.
                                Did she really say something as dumb and awful as that? That is really disgusting....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X