Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davidokun View Post
    It doesn't prove anything, but Houlihan's progression seems to be consistent with that of her peers:

Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.53.59 PM.png
    Is this a Picasso?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
      A possible way to tell if Shelby( and her coaches) is innocent or guilty will be to see if she keeps fighting this so it doesn't happen to other athletes. Her Career is toast, but if we see a fight to protect other athletes from this that will really tell you something.
      Yeah...that is a great way to do it...it is well known the Russians have no friends...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Is this a Picasso?
        More like Jackson Pollock ...in his late period...

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
          I'd say her defense is totally accurate!
          How many times has she been tested over the past few years?
          NO positives..until she eats a burrito 10 hours before getting tested again!
          So her statement she didn't even know what nandrolone was (Schumacher said the same!) is a lie??
          It's a fact there's nandrolone in beef!
          Add 2 and 2 and you have a totally valid defense!

I hope she runs some super fast time trials this summer to show the USATF and all the losers governing our sport what the world lost this summer!!
          I wish the entire team would boycott Tokyo in support of Shelby!!
          Those races will be a farce!

Remember what I just said when we're doing a medal count after Tokyo!!
          An interesting statement.

Why don't you show the same over the top support for foreign athletes pinged by CAS? Because you believe they are guilty?
          Yet because you KNOW that everyone who knows her in the USA says she is a wonderful person (and maybe she is) because you know her personally so well, then she can't possibly be guilty; and maybe she is actually not guilty.

BUT

I don't believe she had never heard of nandrolone.
          As a leading world athlete she would know that you have to be microscopically careful in what you eat. To knowingly go and eat a porl offal burrito from a street truck does not ring true.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

So huge and quick improvements, or having monster kicks make an athlete suspicious??
            Wow!
            So I guess all those Africans who run a 10K in 26:50 or low 27's out of nowhere are all guilty!
            Jorinde van Klinken MUST be guilty!!
            I mean, Chula Vista may aid DT'ers, but 230??
            Guilty, guilty, guilty!!

Oh yes, didn't Gabby Stafford suddenly run all those amazing PR's at every distance from 800 to 5000?
            And Vashti!!
            Why did she suddenly jump 2.02??

Hassan, Gidey, Cheptegei?
            Absolutely guilty as sin!!

Athing Mu?
            Jenny Simpson running 3:59 as a Collegiate athlete?

Line 'em up!
            Lock 'em up!
            Throw away the key!!
            and if and when they test positive they will also be banned.

Comment

• Latest news is it was a beef burrito that could possibly have pig grease on it.

GH: How in the world are you letting us discuss this?! It is a banned subject even on the 4th!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jshapco2 View Post
                Latest news is it was a beef burrito that could possibly have pig grease on it.

GH: How in the world are you letting us discuss this?! It is a banned subject even on the 4th!
                Because she tested positive...

Discussing or accusing people who haven't is a no no..

And rightfully so.

That sounds hard to believe with a 4 year ban.
                Conor Dary
                Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-16-2021, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Is this a Picasso?
                  No, but it does show you should turn 25 or 26 during the Olympics. that is awfully consistent among the athletes you’ve graphed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Because she tested positive...

Discussing or accusing people who haven't is a no no..

And rightfully so.

That sounds hard to believe with a 4 year ban.
                    Yeah, but the temptation to make comparisons.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post

Yeah...that is a great way to do it...it is well known the Russians have no friends...
                      What I meant is fighting the rules to protect other athletes from food related bans, rather than bans for drugs for nefarious reasons. My thought is :Guilty people rarely keep fighting when there is no personal gain in it for them.

Comment

• The fact that there is now some (serious) question as to whether Houlihan actually had pork in that infamous burrito certainly explains CAS's reluctance to overturn the AIU finding
                        There are no strings on me

Comment

• I haven't been nearly as active here over the last couple years.

I see the extremists on either side of the "USA bad" and the "no athlete is actually doping except the ones I don't like" are very much unchanged lol

I'm not totally sure what to think overall of the situation at this point. I will point out that it is pretty disingenuous to compare this to Russia, considering their very long history of their government providing PEDs directly to athletes without or without the athletes' consent.

Final point: from what I can see, pretty much radio silence among non-BTC American athletes on social media regarding this. Dillon Maggard has stated he doesn't believe the story, Kate Grace who recently left Bowerman has expressed support.

Comment

• Originally posted by guru View Post
                            The fact that there is now some (serious) question as to whether Houlihan actually had pork in that infamous burrito certainly explains CAS's reluctance to overturn the AIU finding
                            Yes an interesting point....probably found out later the truck doesn't sell pork burritos....so what excuse next...

Comment

• We should note that nowhere in any statement is it claimed she ate a pork burrito. The wording seems very carefully chosen to insinuate that, without actually making the claim. It's obviously worked because everywhere is reporting on a contaminated burrito when that is not stated....

Schumacher says - "Less than 12 hours after she ate at a Mexican food truck that served pig organ meat"

Shelby's says: "It was a burrito purchased and consumed approximately 10 hours before that drug test from an authentic Mexican food truck that serves pig offal"

Something is really off here (And it's not the meat).

Flumpy
                              Last edited by Flumpy; 06-16-2021, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                                Initial CAS press release. No real details.
                                https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-i...violation.html
                                I wouldn't say that....they didn't believe her story...

Comment

Working...
                                X