Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post

Quite apart from whether she is innocent or guilty, Houlihan's potential (and probable, if she competes) presence in the final will change the tenor of the race. Do the others let her sit and kick? Do they run for top 3 or top 4? It will be interesting.
    To prevent that possibility I'd hope that the slowest runner in Houlihan's heat realises that it's extremely unlikely she makes the team. Instead, she should take it upon herself to trip Houlihan with 500m to go and fall on top of her, preventing Houlihan from getting up quickly.

If Houlihan does make it to the final, run for Top 4 (if Houlihan is top 3) - there is less than zero chance that in the next 6 weeks Houlihan's ban will be reduced from 4 years to 7 months or less. If she didn't have evidence proving her innocence a week ago it's not going to magic itself out of thin air now.

Comment

• Did she actually get a judge to let her in? Or is this all speculation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
        Did she actually get a judge to let her in? Or is this all speculation.
        Speculation on my part, although an earlier post said she is listed in a heat at present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Did she actually get a judge to let her in? Or is this all speculation.
          It's pure speculation until we see her on the start line. I know gh has legit sources that claim she declared, scratched than declared again, but we know nothing yet

Comment

• I just looked seconds ago, and she's listed as qualified and declared in both the 1500 and 5000!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              I just looked seconds ago, and she's listed as qualified and declared in both the 1500 and 5000!
              I suspect that she's on the start list because no one was told to take her off. I do not think we'll see her on the starting line of either the 15 or 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

It's pure speculation until we see her on the start line. I know gh has legit sources that claim she declared, scratched than declared again, but we know nothing yet
                just to clarify, we (I) don't know that she scratched and declared again; i just know that was how she was listed at various points. Meet management may have done it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I suspect that she's on the start list because no one was told to take her off. I do not think we'll see her on the starting line of either the 15 or 5.
                  No, that's not it. She already was taken off, then deliberately put back in.

Comment

• This just in from USATF:

“Given there is an active appeal process, USATF will allow any athletes to continue competing until the process is completed.”

I wonder how long the USATF thinks it will take for Houlihan's appeals process to be completed?

Comment

• The wheels of justice turn slowly

Comment

• Originally posted by booond View Post
                        The data point is stark sitting next to all others. He went from 17.4 to 18.3 in a leap.
                        That is false. Edwards's PB prior to his 18.29 was 18.16 from his first jump that day. Prior to the 18.16, his wind-legal PB was 17.98 in Salamanca, and he had three competitions earlier in the summer with wind-aided 18m+ jumps (including an 18.43 w/2.4 wind). Also, Edwards's 1994 season was hampered by Epstein-Barr.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post

Quite apart from whether she is innocent or guilty, Houlihan's potential (and probable, if she competes) presence in the final will change the tenor of the race. Do the others let her sit and kick? Do they run for top 3 or top 4? It will be interesting.
                          This includes the prelims. She's going to kick out somebody from making the final. With the nature of prelims, who knows who that can be and whether they'd be capable of making the top 3 (or 4) in the final.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

This includes the prelims. She's going to kick out somebody from making the final. With the nature of prelims, who knows who that can be and whether they'd be capable of making the top 3 (or 4) in the final.
                            How about advancing any athlete displaced by Houlihan in prelims in the event Houlihan is eventually DQed? They seem to have already added Houlihan as 11th competitor in Heat 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tusk View Post

That is false. Edwards's PB prior to his 18.29 was 18.16 from his first jump that day. Prior to the 18.16, his wind-legal PB was 17.98 in Salamanca, and he had three competitions earlier in the summer with wind-aided 18m+ jumps (including an 18.43 w/2.4 wind). Also, Edwards's 1994 season was hampered by Epstein-Barr.
                              Prior to 1995 what was his best legal jump?

And no one is accusing Edwards of anything.

Last edited by booond; 06-17-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

as I understand the "chain of command" a CAS decision can only be overturned by a Swiss Federal Court (where Nathan Leeper just lost)
                                Blake Leeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X