Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    This has been educational, ninety years later, to discover the source of my modest athletic prowess. Back on the farm, we butchered a fat hog every fall. I am pretty sure those hogs were not castrated.
    This was my favorite comment in this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      An extremely sad day for all that's good and decent and humane in our sport!
      A tragedy!
      Right now, I don't give a shit who makes the team in the Women's 1500 and 5000!
      Without the American Record holder in the races, whoever makes the team will have won false and undeserved applause!
      This WILL end happily for Shelby, mark my words!

I hope we go medal-LESS in Shelby's events!
      The US Olympic Committee will get what they deserve!!
      Aaronk

Do you agree that she had nandrolone in her body? If you agree that that is the case, then what is the basis of your anger?

And if you claim she didn't have nandrolone in her body, then where is your evidence to support that theory? Or are you implying there is a conspiracy between AIU, WADA and CAS to deliberately frame Houlihan?

Comment

• Yet, several hours after that "final" ruling, her name is still on the entry list as qualified and declared--and on both event's start lists on the results page!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Aaronk

Do you agree that she had nandrolone in her body? If you agree that that is the case, then what is the basis of your anger?

And if you claim she didn't have nandrolone in her body, then where is your evidence to support that theory? Or are you implying there is a conspiracy between AIU, WADA and CAS to deliberately frame Houlihan?
          I do agree she had nandrolone in her body back in December.
          But I don't believe any performance was enhanced, and I believe it was accidental, not deliberate.
          And while I've never met her, all I've read and heard about her is positive--that she's honest and well loved and admired.
          So I just believe her when she says she's not a cheater.

Based on these beliefs, I strongly feel she will be vindicated--that something will happen to prove she wwas innocent--at least innocent of intentionally breaking a rule!
          That her teammates & coach believe and support her is not, in my eyes, bullshit or self-defense.
          Do you think Shalane Flanagan was covering up something in her tearful video?
          Think of it--totally beloved Shalane Flanagan!!
          Why would she hurt her own reputation by supporting someone she believed was a lying drug cheat?
          Consider the source!

Comment

• I was re-reading the Jarrion Lawson case on an old thread and came across this post from PVP from 3/9/20:

"Athletes from everywhere else in the world not happy with how often Americans get off with "tainted meat" excuses. At this point you could probably microdose regularly, and just make sure to eat weird meat regularly, and you are good to go."

Comment

• Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post
              UPDATE!!! -- Houlihan is OUT!!! And that's final. (Unless it gets reversed again.)

The US Olympic Committee just overruled USATF.
              It was indeed ridiculous for USATF to make the decision to let her run without having been forced to do so by a court.

Comment

Why would she hurt her own reputation by supporting someone she believed was a lying drug cheat?
                Consider the source!
                Feelings aren't facts. Flanagan honestly feels Houlihan is innocent, but that doesn't make it true.

Comment

I do agree she had nandrolone in her body back in December.
                  But I don't believe any performance was enhanced, and I believe it was accidental, not deliberate.
                  And while I've never met her, all I've read and heard about her is positive--that she's honest and well loved and admired.
                  So I just believe her when she says she's not a cheater.

Based on these beliefs, I strongly feel she will be vindicated--that something will happen to prove she wwas innocent--at least innocent of intentionally breaking a rule!
                  That her teammates & coach believe and support her is not, in my eyes, bullshit or self-defense.
                  Consider the source!
                  While I do respect the passion of your belief in support of Houlihan, the reality of the fact that her teammates and coaches have come out in support of her means absolutely diddly squat. If that was all that it took to found innocent then no one would ever be found guilty. And of course they would support her. But unless they were attached to her 24/7 they have no idea what she might have done, or might not have done.

Like others, I believe she and her coach did great harm to her case claiming they had never heard of nandrolone (I don't believe that for a second) and that spinning, without any evidence, the story of an authentic pork burrito which then turned out to be a beef dish somehow tainted by pork offal.

I am sure that Sharlene Flanagan believes absolutely in Houlihan. Why wouldn't she? Doesn't mask it true though. As others have said, there have been plenty of outraged innocents in the past, Marion Jones, Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis, only for them to years later being forced to admit they were dopers.

And like I said in an earlier post, it is a tragedy, and especially if her ingestion was accidental and unknowing. But, unfortunately for her she has been found guilty at every level through to CAS and unless she can convince the Swiss Supreme Court to reverse the decision, which they almost certainly will not do unless she comes up with the some real evidence, then she will remain guilty.

And finally I hope you will support the 3 ladies who will represent the USA in the 1500m. None of this was their fault. And the decision of Houlihan's guilt was also not the USTAF. Mind you the attempt by USTAF to try and allow Houlihan to run in the OT though was pretty stupid though.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                    Well you didnt see her coach (Boogie Johnson) or her training partners (D. Muhammad, Queen Claye, Kristi Castlin) all making coordinated social media posts defending her or going on TV news bashing the entire system.

And thinking about it, she's a former world and reining Olympic champion, while Shelby has...nothing? Making Abrahamson's article even more noteworthy...
                    I disagree that race plays a role here, McNeal has kept things quiet other than a couple very vague social media posts saying she's gonna keep it quiet until it's all decided, and the details of the case are under a gag order until CAS decides so no one actually knows what happened.

Houlihan held a press conference and clearly there was a coordinated effort by her team to get the court of public opinion on her side.

They are approaching it in entirely different ways. I can't think of another athlete who has gone on the aggressive as much as Houlihan has when they got banned and McNeal didn't publicize it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post

I disagree that race plays a role here, McNeal has kept things quiet other than a couple very vague social media posts saying she's gonna keep it quiet until it's all decided, and the details of the case are under a gag order until CAS decides so no one actually knows what happened.

Houlihan held a press conference and clearly there was a coordinated effort by her team to get the court of public opinion on her side.

They are approaching it in entirely different ways. I can't think of another athlete who has gone on the aggressive as much as Houlihan has when they got banned and McNeal didn't publicize it at all.
                      The fact that Houlihan did a press conference and there is a coordinated effort by her team is kind of part of the point...

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        The fact that Houlihan did a press conference and there is a coordinated effort by her team is kind of part of the point...
                        Prepare for more of the same. Another professional victim will make more from that status than their previous job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Feelings aren't facts. Flanagan honestly feels Houlihan is innocent, but that doesn't make it true.
                          Who cares indeed....BTW quite a few have a different take...

Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-18-2021, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by americantrackfan View Post

Floyd Landis went ballistic when he tested positive at the Tour....he raised millions for his defense and only lost the CAS hearing by 2-1....and later he confessed under oath he was guilty all along. So take a coordinatinated denial with a grain of salt. The evidence from so far is so overwhelming against Houlihan not surprising she is so active. And definitely playing the race card. A dark day for the BTC.

Comment

An extremely sad day for all that's good and decent and humane in our sport!
                              A tragedy!
                              Right now, I don't give a shit who makes the team in the Women's 1500 and 5000!
                              Without the American Record holder in the races, whoever makes the team will have won false and undeserved applause!
                              This WILL end happily for Shelby, mark my words!

I hope we go medal-LESS in Shelby's events!
                              The US Olympic Committee will get what they deserve!!
                              You seem fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post
                                I was re-reading the Jarrion Lawson case on an old thread and came across this post from PVP from 3/9/20:

"Athletes from everywhere else in the world not happy with how often Americans get off with "tainted meat" excuses. At this point you could probably microdose regularly, and just make sure to eat weird meat regularly, and you are good to go."
                                Hah! Probably easier to get away with if you take what they dope the beef with. Apparently pork being contaminated with nandrolone is less common.

Comment

Working...
                                X