Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from Houlihan... though how could someone with her experience not had heard of nandrolone...

https://mobile.twitter.com/jgault13/...82974893477889

Comment

So she heard from CAS on June 11th that they denied her appeal. So curious what the thought process was in the past 24 hours when she declared her entry in the 1500m/5000m at the trials?

Also, watching the videos from Houlihan, Flanagan and Schumacher, seems like a specific, strong and strategic campaign to rile up sympathy for her situation.
      Last edited by ATK; 06-15-2021, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Add Courtney Frerichs to the fast growing list of her teammates and supporters making strong statements in her defense!
        This one's on instagram, and has a great photo of Courtney lifting Shelby up next to a vending machine, both laughing!

Comment

I've always believed food trucks are one of the biggest curses on life as we know it! Don't fucking eat at a food truck! Especially one that serves pig offal...that's gotta be 10x worse than tripe. I thought athletes know how to take care of their body.
          Last edited by SoCal45; 06-15-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            The BTC (maybe Schumacher?) has put out a statement fully supporting & defending Shelby!
            They say she's innocent!!
            Those making the decision disagree.

Everyone has a ready made excuse and the tainted meat excuse has worked in the past so it was worth a shot. How often has the offender come out and said "yep....ya got me"? It doesn't happen. Friends and teammates supporting her really don't mean anything.

Comment

The BTC (maybe Schumacher?) has put out a statement fully supporting & defending Shelby!
              They say she's innocent!!
              Oh, ok! The omniscient BTC says she is innocent so case closed.

Comment

Up until today was Shelby Houlihan considered a threat to medal in Tokyo? I notice she is not among the top 10 Americans in either the 1500 or mile this year.

Comment

I'd say her defense is totally accurate!
                  How many times has she been tested over the past few years?
                  NO positives..until she eats a burrito 10 hours before getting tested again!
                  So her statement she didn't even know what nandrolone was (Schumacher said the same!) is a lie??
                  It's a fact there's nandrolone in beef!
                  Add 2 and 2 and you have a totally valid defense!

I hope she runs some super fast time trials this summer to show the USATF and all the losers governing our sport what the world lost this summer!!
                  I wish the entire team would boycott Tokyo in support of Shelby!!
                  Those races will be a farce!

Remember what I just said when we're doing a medal count after Tokyo!!

Comment

She deserves the ban for eating offal...
                    There are no strings on me

Comment

How many times has been tested over the past few years?
                      So her statement she didn't even know what nandrolone was (Schumacher said the same!) is a lie??

I hope she runs some super fast time trials this summer to show the USATF and all the losers governing our sport what the world lost this summer!!

right...all these athletes who have worked their assess off and sacrified to try to make the USA Olympic Team should boycott because of the actions of 1 distance runner. My guess is just about everyone here did not support the USA boycott in 1980 and you want "the entire team" to "boycott Tokyo..." over this. Get real!!!!! And where is she suppose to run fast times if she is banned? And why will those races be a farce. Was Shelby Houlihan going to dominate...this is very unfortunate but would you be so outraged if it were a distance runner from Namibia?

Comment

You've got to be kidding.

It's incredible to me that any athlete who has drug testing protocol to follow would not be familiar with Nandrolone which has a long history of being an offender in drug test fails. That goes double for her coach.

The clear memory food alibi also fits in with those in law enforcement who will tell you that the more a suspect recalls during the "alibi" period the bigger he or she becomes as a suspect.

I thought her statement and the video were a bit of hogwash.

Comment

22 years ago there was an article written in the UK dealing with a study which found Nandolone prevalent in the food chain. It served as a warning to prominent UK athletes. I would post it here except it is behind a paywall. Easily found on google but you need to subscribe to the publication.

Comment

That people are just accepting this makes me even sadder!
                            I am certainly not taking sides here, but on what basis do you believe her? Because she said so? You know many examples of people who said they were innocent and were not. You also do not have all the information that CAS had, that they deliberated on, and came to their conclusion with.
                            I don't know if she's guilty, but you certainly do not either.
                            Last edited by Atticus; 06-15-2021, 02:39 AM.

Comment

How many times has she been tested over the past few years?

Once again, IIRC, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones and numerous others never tested postive!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                                She deserves the ban for eating offal...
                                you've obviously never. had the pleasure of eating one of my favorite Japanese dishes: ika shiokara!

Comment

Working...
                                X