Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, with the summer now upon us, I have stocked up on Pork Steaks and Boston Butts for the new smoker/grill. Should be looking sharp by August.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It was indeed ridiculous for USATF to make the decision to let her run without having been forced to do so by a court.
      Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread but the reason she was either 1. left in the entry list or 2. put back on the entry list was because USATF had not received official...i.e. "the letter"....notice from AIU until last night.

Per Max Siegel:

“Process is important, particularly when individuals’ careers and lives are at stake,. The letter from the AIU, received tonight, formally notifying us of the consequences of the decision is welcomed and, in line with our processes, we will act accordingly.”

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread but the reason she was either 1. left in the entry list or 2. put back on the entry list was because USATF had not received official...i.e. "the letter"....notice from AIU until last night.

Per Max Siegel:

“Process is important, particularly when individuals’ careers and lives are at stake,. The letter from the AIU, received tonight, formally notifying us of the consequences of the decision is welcomed and, in line with our processes, we will act accordingly.”
        Makes perfect sense. Though they would've been better off outlining the process and not sitting on their hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

Per Max Siegel:

Sorry, but what BS. AIU never should have needed to send a letter.

Comment

• Shelby's version of events regarding trying to get an injunction yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/shelbo800/p...39867527502235

Comment

• So let's say USATF had been in a situation where a court was ordering them to let her run.

In my opinion, the best solution in that scenario would be to put her in a heat by herself and take one extra to the finals. Run the finals as a two section final with Shelby as a one person section. Run her before the meet starts.

At least then we would have a stronger argument for the results of the meet being untainted, and USATF would at least be acting like they respect the doping rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post

Sorry, but what BS. AIU never should have needed to send a letter.
                Why not?

Comment

Shelby's version of events regarding trying to get an injunction yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/shelbo800/p...39867527502235
                  One comment under the post "How can one burrito destroy a career?"

Nike and the BTC propaganda succeeds!

Comment

Shelby's version of events regarding trying to get an injunction yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/shelbo800/p...39867527502235
                    "The court found that because the CAS has not released it's reasoning for the decision, they can't know whether I am likely to succeed in an appeal."

Sorry I just don't believe this.

Comment

EXCELLENT!!!
                      The TRUTH will prevail!
                      Go, Shelby!!!

Comment

At least then we would have a stronger argument for the results of the meet being untainted, and USATF would at least be acting like they respect the doping rules.
                        Is the contamination rule still on the books? I remember that was perhaps the biggest concern with Butch in '92.

Comment

• [QUOTE=aaronk;n1696237]The TRUTH will prevail!/QUOTE]
                          The TRUTH? I don't think you can handle the Truth.
                          And no, that is not just a quote from a movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

EXCELLENT!!!
                            The TRUTH will prevail!
                            Go, Shelby!!!
                            Other than being a "friend" on social media, is there any reasoning behind why you think either she's not guilty or that her case will now be overturned on appeal?

I mean other than she seemed real nice and therefore would never use an illegal substance....of which I suspect there may have been more.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It was indeed ridiculous for USATF to make the decision to let her run without having been forced to do so by a court.
                              They were not forced by a court, but they might have been forced by their main sponsor.
                              They knew USOC will intervene, and then they could tell Nike "we tried out best, but USOC stopped us."

Comment

• real OT happenings start in 10 minutes, at which point this thread will be locked down

Comment

Working...
                                X