Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile....

Time for Shelby Houlihan to come clean

Two things ought to happen now that the Court of Arbitration for Sport has issued a technically detailed but, in the end, common-sense ruling in the matter of Shelby Houlihan, the American distance runner, banning her for four years for nandrolone — through January 2025 — while thoroughly rejecting the ridiculous burrito defense.

One, Houlihan ought to come clean.

What most likely happened?

We don’t and won’t know until Houlihan admits whatever it was. But, see paragraph 128 of this very thorough 44-page ruling, citing the head of the Montreal anti-doping lab, Christiane Ayotte, who notes that oral precursors of nandrolone can readily be bought on the internet, even on Amazon, and that a chemical signature very much like the one Houlihan tested for was obtained five years ago when that very lab tested a product it had bought called “Nor-Andro Max.”

https://www.3wiresports.com/articles...QFeYMag4Jbc-E4

Comment

• Primeval Labs is back with one of the most powerful compounds in the prohormone-andro era of sports nutrition, Nor Andro Max. This powerful compound, also known as Nandrolone or 19-NorAndro, produces many desired effects. You can expect increases in lean muscle mass and big increases in strength. And best of all you won't get the negative side effects such as water retention and gyno.

It works by converting to testosterone in the body, specifically converting into the hormone Nandrolone. Other names you made have heard it called are DecaBolin (argueable the second most popular injectable unapproved substance of all time), Decanoate, Durabolin, and Nor Testosterone. But don't let these names fool you, Nor Andro Max is 100% legal in the United States. It does the process to Nor Testosterone totally legally.

https://www.bestpricenutrition.com/p...ro-max-60-tabs

Comment

• Two, all the journalistic sheep who wanted to believe, who maybe still want to believe despite the overwhelming evidence against Houlihan, that there was no way, just no way, a white American distance runner affiliated with the Bowerman Track Club could test positive — all these people, and the readers they misled, ought to take a crash course in Doping 101 and the things people will say and do, meaning anything and everything, to avoid getting busted.

This burrito defense has, from the get-go, stretched the bounds of credulity, and anyone who bought it — even for a second — needs to undergo a real-world moron test.

Comment

• I've read that nandrolone is NOT the drug distance runners--especially female distance runners--would use for performance enhancement.
          If she were a Shot Putter, maybe!
          How is that not seen as supportive of her being innocent--at least of taking the drug for PE reasons??
          Not to mention there were no important upcoming races for her,!!

Comment

• Shoulda stuck with Taco Bell . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
              I've read that nandrolone is NOT the drug distance runners--especially female distance runners--would use for performance enhancement.
              How is that not seen as supportive of her being innocent--at least of taking the drug for PE reasons??
              aaronk, have you ever stayed at a Holiday Inn?
              Last edited by DrJay; 09-03-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post

I think I did, maybe.
                But WTF does that have to do with this subject?

Comment

• Originally posted by bad hammy View Post
                  Shoulda stuck with Taco Bell . . .
                  Or Burrito Boy....they have been around town for years...and no positive tests! Great deal too. There is one just down the road from me.

Comment

I think I did, maybe.
                    Never mind.

Comment

Not exculpatory. There's a reason we have out-of-competition testing.

Comment

• And the benefits of steroids might mostly accrue when one is in a training phase, not in the immediate lead-up to competition.

Comment

• Surprised BTC didn't have their own testing system.....if you are taking supplements you may want to know if you are going to flunk a test. Better to be safe and just avoid the test than to test positive.

Comment

I think I did, maybe.
                            clearly you don't get it!

Comment

I've read that nandrolone is NOT the drug distance runners--especially female distance runners--would use for performance enhancement.
                              You're wrong here and your overall reaction is based on emotion...you like the offender and feel that you "know" her. A real bad reason to exculpate someone from discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post

It's Holiday Inn Express, not Holiday Inn.

Comment

Working...
                                X