Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
    It's Holiday Inn Express, not Holiday Inn.
    Also, specifically "last night". Makes you wonder what they put in those cinnamon rolls. to be on the safe side, better pack your own breakfast...

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
      Surprised BTC didn't have their own testing system.....if you are taking supplements you may want to know if you are going to flunk a test. Better to be safe and just avoid the test than to test positive.
      Maybe they didn't test themselves for nandrolone, since they had never heard of it.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Merner521 View Post

Also, specifically "last night". Makes you wonder what they put in those cinnamon rolls. to be on the safe side, better pack your own breakfast...
        Man, can't get away with any little miscue around here! :-)

Comment

• Will someone please explain what the Holiday Inn reference is all about!
          I admit to total ignorance about that!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
            Will someone please explain what the Holiday Inn reference is all about!
            I admit to total ignorance about that!
            if it's any consolation I haven't the foggiest either....

Comment

• "I'm not a doctor, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night," - A commercial reference from several years ago.

Comment

• From Wiki:
                Starting in 1998, Holiday Inn Express started an ad campaign that featured ordinary people achieving superior feats, such as averting a nuclear disaster or performing like rock stars. When questioned on whether or not they are professionals, they would attribute their skills to their stay there with the reply: "No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"
                But I cannot explain its application by Dr Jay to aaronk's comment.

Comment

• I remember those ads....I had no idea that was Dr Jay's reference.....that is obscure.

Comment

• It's ok Dr Jay, I got the cleverly subtle Holiday Inn reference instantly.

Comment

• Meanwhile....back to our eponymous subject...

Jonathan Gault has a long article about the decision....with one throw away line ....which is what I think happened....

The other possible alternative is that Houlihan took a supplement that was unknowingly contaminated with nandrolone.

I think if Houlihan had just admitted taking a contaminated supplement it might have gone better. Certainly from a PR angle. Whoever came up with the insane burrito story should be banned forever.

https://www.letsrun.com/news/2021/09...-go-from-here/
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-04-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        It's ok Dr Jay, I got the cleverly subtle Holiday Inn reference instantly.
                        Me too.

Comment

• Great...you guys all get a medal.

Comment

The Track Guy has a podcast with Shelby from August 31, just before this CAS report was released!
                            In it, she says she's angry & disappointed, but thanks her BTC teammates for having supported her & spoken out in her favor.
                            She says she watched only BTC teammates races in both the Trials & the Games, but nothing else!
                            She rested all summer, and has just returned to training!

She intends to PR, whether banned or not!
                            She'll be doing time trials & "mock races", and will race low key if she's allowed, but NOT in USATF sponsored events, as that could lead to a longer ban!
                            She DOES intend to return "faster than ever" in 4 years.
                            Her team plans to appeal, but she doesn't know when or how yet!
                            She just got back from 10 days at her family's cabin in Iowa (with her cat), apparently driving her VW van!

But now she's back training and living in Portland!
                            An excellent interview where she reviews her whole running career, from HS to now!
                            Her goals, time-wise, are to go sub-3:50 and sub-14:00!!

An excellent interview!
                            this is a good summary, but if one wants to hear the full interview it is here:
                            https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000534089592

Comment

• Originally posted by wamego relays champ View Post

this is a good summary, but if one wants to hear the full interview it is here:
                              https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000534089592
                              Unless she comes clean....who cares...

Comment

I've read that nandrolone is NOT the drug distance runners--especially female distance runners--would use for performance enhancement.
                                Umm... ever heard of Dieter Baumann?

Comment

Working...
                                X