Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another point of view of which I agree with to a great degree:

https://kevinbeck.substack.com/p/in-...ment-in-shelby

In shocking development in Shelby Houlihan doping suspension, CAS formally snickers at comedic burrito defense

The repetitive parts seemed written specifically for members of the U.S. media and its unwitting victims, but as usual, no one involved will own their mistakes

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      Another point of view of which I agree with to a great degree:

In shocking development in Shelby Houlihan doping suspension, CAS formally snickers at comedic burrito defense

The repetitive parts seemed written specifically for members of the U.S. media and its unwitting victims, but as usual, no one involved will own their mistakes
      The ignoramuses in the mainstream media believe Brianna Rollins was banned for getting an abortion and that USATF only plays the national anthem at meets in which Gwen Berry is competing.
      Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-05-2021, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Although I've not paid much attention to how the media has been playing the story, the details of the impossible chain of events that could ever possibly hope to cause a positive nandrolone test result based on a burrito had me laughing while reading the CAS decision . She's a doper, plain and simple . . .

Oh, and thanks for explaining the Holiday Inn thing - I had no clue. In the DVR/Tivo era my viewing of commercials is pretty much limited to Super Bowls.
        Last edited by bad hammy; 09-04-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Meanwhile....back to our eponymous subject...

Jonathan Gault has a long article about the decision....with one throw away line ....which is what I think happened....

The other possible alternative is that Houlihan took a supplement that was unknowingly contaminated with nandrolone.
          Are you positing that she took a legal supplement that was contaminated?

Or that she was taking an illegal supplement other than nandrolone? Which begs the question, why wasn't that detected in the testing? The dopers are always two steps ahead of the cops, aren't they.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post

Are you positing that she took a legal supplement that was contaminated?

Or that she was taking an illegal supplement other than nandrolone? Which begs the question, why wasn't that detected in the testing? The dopers are always two steps ahead of the cops, aren't they.
            Lots of supplements that are perfectly legal to buy have who-knows-what in them.

https://www.active.com/articles/know...androlone-test
            Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-04-2021, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Actually most of the running media came down hard on Houlihan. The I never heard of Nandrolone comment was ridiculed by many.

I presume he is joking here.

Now it’s up to Francine Niyonsaba to rescue top-level women’s running.
              Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-04-2021, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Lots of supplements that are perfectly legal to buy have who-knows-what in them.

https://www.active.com/articles/know...androlone-test
                Of course. Why she/they thought it would be more advantageous to go the burrito route rather than the tainted supplement route is a puzzler. Unless she was ingesting a tainted illegal supplement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steele View Post

Of course. Why she/they thought it would be more advantageous to go the burrito route rather than the tainted supplement route is a puzzler. Unless she was ingesting a tainted illegal supplement.
                  Because taking a supplement is not a defense. Ingesting tainted food is.

Swimmers and Supplements: It’s at Your Own Risk

In 2008 Jessica Hardy was on the verge of realizing every swimmer’s dream—to represent their country at the Olympics. At Trials that year she had qualified for four events later that summer in Beijing.

While at a training camp preparing for the Games she learned she’d failed a doping test, her sample coming back for clenbuterol, a banned substance that expands bronchial muscles (it’s used to treat asthma) and promoting increases in lean muscle mass [1][2].

Issued a two-year ban Hardy had to give up her spot on the Olympic team. (In a cruel twist, the swimmer who would have moved up to qualify for the Beijing team, Tara Kirk, was unable to be named to the team. By the time the suspension had been handed down the entry deadline for the meet had passed.)

Hardy would later have her sentence reduced to a year when she was able to show that the positive test was a result of a contaminated supplement she had been taking. In the ruling, the American Arbitration Association found that the supplement makers had made assurances of the product’s purity, and that the positive test had been a result the supplement, Advocare Arginine Extreme (a pre-workout), being contaminated.

https://swimswam.com/swimmers-and-su...isky-business/
                  Last edited by Conor Dary; 09-04-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Actually most of the running media came down hard on Houlihan. The I never heard of Nandrolone comment was ridiculed by many.

I presume he is joking here.

Now it’s up to Francine Niyonsaba to rescue top-level women’s running.
                    Running media to a degree but the general media did not. He's being sarcastic with the final comment.

Comment

Running media to a degree but the general media did not. He's being sarcastic with the final comment.
                      But quickly forgotten.... Houlihan and Richardson are already yesterday's news...

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                        It's ok Dr Jay, I got the cleverly subtle Holiday Inn reference instantly.
                        brilliant minds think alike...got the reference immediately! very subtle and very cool.

Comment

• Or it could be you guys watch way too much TV....

Comment

Or it could be you guys watch way too much TV....
                            There was a period where the mere act of turning the TV on at any point would likely have the ture inner run into a Holiday Inn Express. "I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" was and remains part of pop culture for most people. It is in no way a matter of watching "way too much TV" but perhaps a bit of oblivion if you don't get it.

Comment

There was a period where the mere act of turning the TV on at any point would likely have the ture inner run into a Holiday Inn Express. .....
                              that assumes one is watching TV live, which I basically gave up 20-plus years ago. The only commercials I watch are those crafted specially for the Super Bowl (which all too frequently are better entertainment than the game!)

Comment

• I'm like that ....I've seen very few commercials on TV in the last 25 years..

Comment

Working...
                                X