Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

Once again, IIRC, Lance Armstrong, Marion Jones and numerous others never tested postive!!!
    Interesting tweet I saw--said the amount of nandrolone she ingested was equivalent to one-fiftieth of a grain of salt (paraphrased!) spread through her entire body!!
    So I guess she really WAS trying to stuff herself with steroids when she ate that burrito!
    Gosh, she's HORRIBLE!!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
      I thought her statement and the video were a bit of hogwash.
      Though I dont have real strong opinions either way, I am leaning towards this. Clearly coordinated scripted responses from her team and I think they are very aware that she is a pretty high profile beloved figure in US running and can capitalize off of that love.

But regardless, even if it was an honest mistake of a tainted burrito, she had a banned substance inside her, they went thorough the appeal process and lost. Maybe I'm missing something?
      Last edited by ATK; 06-15-2021, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post

Interesting tweet I saw--said the amount of nandrolone she ingested was equivalent to one-fiftieth of a grain of salt (paraphrased!) spread through her entire body!!
        So I guess she really WAS trying to stuff herself with steroids when she ate that burrito!
        Gosh, she's HORRIBLE!!

LOL
        Is it not possible that she had a larger quantity of the substance in her blood at some point and the test caught her at the tail end of when she had ingested it?

There are studies that suggest that it is possible to test positive from eating porcine offal, but the meat has to come from an uncastrated male and needs to be in large quantities (over 1/2 lb or 250g). That’s a lot of offal to consume.

Comment

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...#ixzz4fOTLiLJm

This story is offal

Comment

I think she is innocent for a bunch of reasons... including that nandrolone makes no sense to take in order for a female distance runner to intentionally dope. If she wanted to dope, there are plenty of ways that are not easily detectable steroids by which you could dope. And if she did want to take steroids, nandrolone would be a terrible steroid to take, it is very masculizing. There are other steroids to take that make more sense for women.

There is reasonably solid science to support the idea that some pig meat contains nandrolone, and that nandrolone from eating pig meat can cause detectable levels of nandrolone in human urine.

Her hair sample being negative is a big deal too.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ricket.tomlutz

"In 1999 a semi-retired Linford Christie tested positive and was unable to coach his athletes from the trackside at the 2000 Olympics. In football, Edgar Davids was banned for a year after excessive quantities of nandrolone were found in his system. Across the pond, the San Francisco Chronicle alleged that New York Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi admitted using nandrolone during an investigation into drug use in baseball."

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                I think she is innocent for a bunch of reasons... including that nandrolone makes no sense to take in order for a female distance runner to intentionally dope. If she wanted to dope, there are plenty of ways that are not easily detectable steroids by which you could dope. And if she did want to take steroids, nandrolone would be a terrible steroid to take, it is very masculizing. There are other steroids to take that make more sense for women.

There is reasonably solid science to support the idea that some pig meat contains nandrolone, and that nandrolone from eating pig meat can cause detectable levels of nandrolone in human urine.

Objectively looking at the facts I agree. But she'll never win the in the court of public opinion, especially in this sport where the wolves are always waiting to eat their own.

That said any elite athlete that consumes non-organic meat(much less off a food truck LOL) deserves what they get if a positive comes up.
                There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post
                  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ricket.tomlutz

"In 1999 a semi-retired Linford Christie tested positive and was unable to coach his athletes from the trackside at the 2000 Olympics. In football, Edgar Davids was banned for a year after excessive quantities of nandrolone were found in his system. Across the pond, the San Francisco Chronicle alleged that New York Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi admitted using nandrolone during an investigation into drug use in baseball."
                  Those are all big bulky athletes in explosive sports/events. Nandrolone is performance enhancing, but not a good choice for an elite female distance runner to improve their performance.

I mean anything is possible, but if you're going to risk your career by taking an easily detectable steroid, it would just make way more sense to take one that would be more effective for your body and your event.

Comment

A top athlete always has to be aware of what they are eating....and eating pork from some random food truck is rather reckless. Also not having heard of nandrolone sounds crazy...is she that unaware? When my nephew was running at Minnesota I told him he had to be careful what you consume....supplements especially...

Anyways it is irrelevant what anyone believes, that is not how the system works....she is out.

Comment

So, why did CAS rule against her?

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post

you've obviously never. had the pleasure of eating one of my favorite Japanese dishes: ika shiokara!
                        did you test positive after consuming it? :-)

Comment

But what if her story is true and she just got it from eating at a food truck and not to dope. Why would she be innocent then and why would CAS deny her appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                            ..why would CAS deny her appeal?

Simple - she couldn't prove it

There are no strings on me

Comment

Those are all big bulky athletes in explosive sports/events. Nandrolone is performance enhancing, but not a good choice for an elite female distance runner to improve their performance.

I mean anything is possible, but if you're going to risk your career by taking an easily detectable steroid, it would just make way more sense to take one that would be more effective for your body and your event.
                              My point is that this drug is well known. People, well known people, have been caught taking this drug.

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                                But what if her story is true and she just got it from eating at a food truck and not to dope. Why would she be innocent then and why would CAS deny her appeal?
                                Because loads of other athletes who ate contaminated meat, or contaminated medication, have appealed and gotten off with either no ban, or a greatly reduced ban.

Perhaps in this case, they felt the science was less solid on pork vs beef. Perhaps other athletes were able to prove meat from the same vendor tested positive and she was not? Or maybe she was hurt by a Kenyan athlete recently trying to use a much flimsier excuse involving drinking pork syrup and rubbing pork fat all over his body?

Why did AIU keep this under wraps for some long, when other cases that are pending appeal are public?

All I know is how each case gets treated seems to vary widely. Having more money definitely helps, but I'm guessing she had solid legal counsel and still couldn't get out of this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X