Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    I do not watch football live. I will wait about an hour, watch that hour in 5 minutes, pause, then continue that behavior over the course of day. Even Stanford games,
    I do that with T&F on TV also, but now that T&F is streamed w/o ads (Peacock / ESPN+ Rulz!), I do watch that live. I can't remember the last time I watched T&F live on TV.
    Did you watch the NCAA or the SEC Championships live? Do you ever watch local news?

Comment

• Monday night, do you think the Bowerman ladies are watching the Bachelorette and eating pork burritos?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrJay View Post
        Monday night, do you think the Bowerman ladies are watching the Bachelorette and eating pork burritos?
        not remotely an amusing topic

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
          Did you watch the NCAA or the SEC Championships live? Do you ever watch local news?
          NCAA/SEC on web. That's never been a problem, because if there's a pause in the action, I can go to the results tab to see wazzup with field events.
          I have NEVER watched the local news, unless I or someone I know is on. I've been on 2 or 3 times (over 27 years) for various track-related 'items'.

Streaming/on-demand was invented for me! I have no patience for TV shows; they move too slowly. I even fast-forward during boring sub-plots.
          Oddly enough, I have always liked going to the movies and will sit patiently through a lot of twaddle if I like the movie. However, my wife and I walk out of a movie a year, most famously for Borat, worst movie EVER!

Comment

NCAA/SEC on web. That's never been a problem, because if there's a pause in the action, I can go to the results tab to see wazzup with field events.
            I have NEVER watched the local news, unless I or someone I know is on. I've been on 2 or 3 times (over 27 years) for various track-related 'items'.

Streaming/on-demand was invented for me! I have no patience for TV shows; they move too slowly. I even fast-forward during boring sub-plots.
            Oddly enough, I have always liked going to the movies and will sit patiently through a lot of twaddle if I like the movie. However, my wife and I walk out of a movie a year, most famously for Borat, worst movie EVER!
            It's only been in the last few years that you could stream track meets like NCAA's and SEC's. And before that there was a time where your only option for watching the World Championships were Versus and NBC. I have a hard time believing that someone who lives where you do has never watched the local news even when a hurricane is approaching, not to mention when local issues arise and real-time reporting is too important to read about it in the paper a day or two later. When Hurricane Ida was approaching I watched our local stations exclusively during the last 24 hours before landfall. I also don't buy that you've never watched a live football game since DVR's were invented. Come on man.

Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-07-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Next someone will say they don't get the "where's the beef?" reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                Next someone will say they don't get the "where's the beef?" reference.
                Budweiser had a good run of ads, including the 'Wazzzzzzup?' series.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q

Comment

• Currently, I am over-saturated with the Liberty Mutual EMU commercials. Doesn't someone at the company realize how cringe-worthy the dork in dark glasses with a toothpick in his mouth is? Isn't the tired "only pay for what you need" true of all insurance companies?

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                    Currently, I am over-saturated with the Liberty Mutual EMU commercials. Doesn't someone at the company realize how cringe-worthy the dork in dark glasses with a toothpick in his mouth is? Isn't the tired "only pay for what you need" true of all insurance companies?
                    Why didn't they realize the emu was the attraction not the doofus?

Comment

• It's not necessarily supposed to make sense or make us happy.

I agree about those particular Liberty Mutual spots. Chris Paul State Farm spots are better.

Comment

Budweiser had a good run of ads, including the 'Wazzzzzzup?' series.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
                        Loved the Budweiser frogs and Louie the Lizard. Also loved the Geico Camel - "Guess what day it is?"

Comment

• OTH, I never get tired of the Clydesdales.

Comment

• Just wondering...what do all these commercials have to do with Shelby Houlihan. No, not asking for a friend!

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
                              Just wondering...what do all these commercials have to do with Shelby Houlihan. No, not asking for a friend!
                              I think we exhausted anything meaningful to say about the Houlihan brouhaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                                OTH, I never get tired of the Clydesdales.
                                That's one of the few Super Bowl commercials I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X