Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with Shelby Houlihan? [can run in OT... back out]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
    Currently, I am over-saturated with the Liberty Mutual EMU commercials. Doesn't someone at the company realize how cringe-worthy the dork in dark glasses with a toothpick in his mouth is? Isn't the tired "only pay for what you need" true of all insurance companies?
    I suspect it was a bad attempt to copy the Geico gecko commercials.

    Comment


    • Just got back from Italy, with 5 day wine tour in Tuscany and Umbria regions in Apennine Mountains. Was surprised that the main meat item at restaurants was Wild Boar Meat. It was served on pasta, as steaks, chops, sausage, and burgers. The wineries said their main pest was the wild boar. Had not realized that this meat item was so prevalent outside of the US.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
        The wineries said their main pest was the wild boar. Had not realized that this meat item was so prevalent outside of the US.
        Pretty sure the wineries around Beaverton, OR where she "ate the burrito" are more concerned about the wild bores . . .

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
          Just got back from Italy, with 5 day wine tour in Tuscany and Umbria regions in Apennine Mountains. Was surprised that the main meat item at restaurants was Wild Boar Meat. It was served on pasta, as steaks, chops, sausage, and burgers. The wineries said their main pest was the wild boar. Had not realized that this meat item was so prevalent outside of the US.
          The USA has the most industrialised food production system in the world, which is one reason that food is relatively cheaper than other countries. The tradeoff for cheapness, is that underlying variety is limited and what variety there is, is mostly manufactured as well. This is why wild boar is a minuscule part of the porcine food production system.

          Europe has retained more support for traditonal regional food production, where low volume production of ingredients by local farmers is consumed locally to a much greater extent than USA. The trade off is generally higher costs but the regional variation is astounding.

          As such there is no such thing as a uniform "Italian" or "French" food in the way that non-locals perceive it because even foods with the same name are produced significantly differently in the different regions, which is why a lot of foodies like travelling around Italy or France, sampling the variety.

          I think Puglia might be the latest trendy region in Italy. McDonalads opened a restaurant in one town but had to close after a year or so because the locals wouldn't eat there!




          Comment


          • One of our favorite Italian places on Hilton Head has a pasta dish with a wild boar ragu sauce. Excellent.

            Comment


            • Houlihan has started a GoFundMe campaign to aid in her defense.

              link on home page

              Comment


              • Gunning for a cool $300,000 LOL

                A fool and his money are soon parted
                There are no strings on me

                Comment


                • Lots of luck... she would have been far better off just admitting taking a tainted supplement. The burrito defense was such a joke....And never heard of Nandralone was the final kicker.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by guru View Post
                    Gunning for a cool $300,000 LOL

                    A fool and his money are soon parted
                    That's a lot of burritos

                    Comment


                    • Between the Americans that don't believe a good American girl would dope and use all sorts of mental gymnastics to explain away her positive test to those who straight up justify doping ("but the Africans do it so she has to too") you just know she's gonna get a lot of donations. It's actually a bit off-putting that this website is even promoting her GoFundMe.

                      Comment


                      • I don't think of it as promoting the website at all. It is quite topical and on brand to point that out on the board.

                        Comment


                        • I will be sending at least $50 to her GoFundMe in December!
                          I just tweeted her my full support, and urged people to support her!

                          Call me a fool if you will, but remember---
                          The fool on the hill sees the sun going down , and the eyes in his head sees the world spinning round!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rhizobium View Post
                            Between the Americans that don't believe a good American girl would dope and use all sorts of mental gymnastics to explain away her positive test to those who straight up justify doping ("but the Africans do it so she has to too") you just know she's gonna get a lot of donations. It's actually a bit off-putting that this website is even promoting her GoFundMe.
                            Except for you know who....I doubt anyone is for it....all part of the grift. Good to let us know these things.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                              I don't think of it as promoting the website at all. It is quite topical and on brand to point that out on the board.
                              It's not only mentioned on the board but promoted on the front page of the website. A website does not link to an external website on its front page if it doesn't not want to promote it.

                              Comment


                              • Well, that is a potential interpretation, but I will leave it up to those on the board who make such decisions. Frankly, I see it as noteworthy, and will leave it up to anyone who wants to to support or ignore it. Pretty simple decision, honestly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X