Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhizobium View Post

It's not only mentioned on the board but promoted on the front page of the website. A website does not link to an external website on its front page if it doesn't not want to promote it.
    It is news....and not a big deal or some horrible thing she is trying to defend...it is not like she killed someone. Who knows maybe she actually is innocent....
    Conor Dary
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-24-2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• I will be sure to keep track of the GFM effort to see how it is doing. Won't have a nickel of my $$.
      I am fortunate enough to have been able to increase my charitable donations this year and especially at Thanksgiving for those who really need and deserve help. An example is family member of some victims of that car attack on the parade in Wisconsin started a GFM page...goal $20,000....as of 5 minutes ago they have raised $388,000!!!! No shortage of people/causes who meet my qualifications.
      SoCal45
      Last edited by SoCal45; 11-24-2021, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post
        I will be sure to keep track of the GFM effort to see how it is doing. Won't have a nickel of my $$.
        I am fortunate enough to have been able to increase my charitable donations this year and especially at Thanksgiving for those who really need and deserve help. An example is family member of some victims of that car attack on the parade in Wisconsin started a GFM page...goal $20,000....as of 5 minutes ago they have raised $388,000!!!! No shortage of people/causes who meet my qualifications.
        In 2020, I donated to the Biden-Harris campaign--twice!
        Back in 2014 (?) I sent Raven Saunders $60 to help send her to NBN when she was in HS!
        I also sent $$$ to Maggie Montoya to help her and her co-workers after the Boulder shooting!

Shelby's GoFundMe request is no less worthy!

Comment

• Even if I believe that she was innocent, there's no way I'm donating to her.

She was one of the American star in 2018 and 2019 so I assume she's better paid than most athletes.

Comment

• If Nike thought she was innocent, or any hope of clearing her, I'm sure they would pay the legal bills like they have for Alberto....since they aren't.....

Comment

• So far, she's raised over $7200 from over 60 donors.
              An anonymous donor sent $2000!!
              A handful of others sent $500 each!
              Two of the latter could be termed stars in their respective professions!
              Other donations range from $5 to $200!

All this in the first 7 hours!!

As for Nike paying all her bills, I'd refuse even one penny from the company that paid Salazar's expenses!
              Dirty money!

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                So far, she's raised over $7200 from over 60 donors.

As for Nike paying all her bills, I'd refuse even one penny from the company that paid Salazar's expenses!
                Dirty money!
                If this fiasco with the burrito hadn't happened, would Shelby have any problem taking "dirty money" from Nike? Doubt it...she would gladly take the cash and run!

Comment

So far, she's raised over $7200 from over 60 donors.

Dirty money!
                  She's been taking that dirty money for years.

Comment

• She probably sent the $2000 to herself...

Comment

Dirty money!
                      She's been sponsored by Nike for the past 6 years

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post
                        She's been sponsored by Nike for the past 6 years
                        I thought that was obvious.....but perhaps not.

Comment

• I am not expertise on the workings of CAS. Is there any avenue remaining to appeal her suspension? Not that it should be overturned but what are they going to spend the money on besides a public relations campaign.

Comment

• Is it possible to appeal against a CAS award ?

Judicial recourse to the Swiss Federal Tribunal is allowed on a very limited number of grounds, such as lack of jurisdiction, violation of elementary procedural rules (e.g. violation of the right to a fair hearing) or incompatibility with public policy.­­­
                            https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-i...questions.html

Comment

• thanks!

Comment

• Her efforts will probably take about three years to work their way through the system, which will coincide nicely with her four year ban anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                                X