Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn’t cool but certainly I’ve been to meets where the heat was a lot more brutal during the 5K and 10K. The shadow from the west grandstand roof had crept across about half the track when the race started if I recall correctly, may be a bit more, and most of the track if not all by the time they finished. On the track I’d say it was pretty darn warm but not horrible.

Comment

It was in the 70s...and low humidity...not ideal but not bad...and shaded.

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
        How warm was it during the race? Do you all think that contributed to the slowing after the fast start?
        weatherunderground says it was 77 around the time the race ended

Comment

Originally posted by steveu View Post
          How warm was it during the race? Do you all think that contributed to the slowing after the fast start?
          The guys who had to run fast weren't capable and the guys who were going to be near the front no matter what didn't care.

Comment

It was only "uncharacteristic" of Rupp to congratulate the winners because he is usually the one being congratulated, at least here in the U.S. Rupp is a nice guy, and an introvert.

Comment

Rupp has definitely grown on me. It's odd to think he's the 'old guy' now, as he was best known as the brash new kid on the block.

Comment

I'm not sure I've ever heard "Rupp" and "brash" ever used in the same sentence before

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
                  I'm not sure I've ever heard "Rupp" and "brash" ever used in the same sentence before
                  Yeah...Rupp almost seems bashful to a fault... about the opposite of brash...

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                    Yeah...Rupp almost seems bashful to a fault... about the opposite of brash...
                    He used to mug for the Oregon crowds after big wins!!

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      He used to mug for the Oregon crowds after big wins!!
                      He did go to Oregon...God forbid he should acknowledge the Duck crowd...
                      Last edited by Conor Dary; 06-21-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I'm imagining Rupp acting like SCR after a 10k win at Hayward...now that's funny!

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

Comment

Working...
                        X