Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶ '21 wOT pole vault: Katie Nageotte 16-2¾ (WL) (MR)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandi has the bubbly personality that TV loves.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
      Lots of hype for Felix throughout the Trials, and poignant tearful i nterview about this being her final Trials.
      But why not the same for Jenn Suhr?
      She's 39 plus, and just became the oldest woman to clear 15 feet!
      She didn't make the Olympic team, but neither did Felix (in the 200)!!

If this was Suhr's Last Hurrah, she ended a spectacular career with yet ANOTHER Record!!
      (But I hope she continues till at least the WC of '22!!)
      because she hasn't won very many medals

Comment

tweet by Rick Suhr:

A month ago jenn could not walk,a week ago she could not run. Today she took 5th at the US Olympic Trial Final. We missed the team on a tie breaking count back. It is what it is. We tried to recover from some heat exhaustion in the 103 degree warm up but just couldn’t recover. She travelled three times to Ohio to try to get her injured Achilles right. Just couldn’t get healthy. It’s a covid year. One of those years you just want to go away. We changed our goals a month ago to try to win the World Championships in 2022. At that point unable to even walk or train we knew trials was impossible. It was our first meet in a year and a half. Somehow Jenn still only missed the Olympic team by one jump! Jenn remains the only pole vaulter man or women to ever win The Olympic Trials 3 times!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal45 View Post

because she hasn't won very many medals
          Yep, relays do help a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam1729 View Post
            Morgann LeLeux???? Please inform me about her - I never actually heard of her. I'm better at history than current but I do read the magazine every month and keep up with stuff via my twitter feed and a few other sources.
            To add to some of the other replies, she lost out on a spot to the 2017 World Champs in a jump off. So she has been knocking on the door for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Yep, relays do help a lot.
              I'm not saying Felix getting all the pub and Suhr getting essentially none is the right thing. Simply that Felix has done what she has done and it is a more compelling story to be promoted!

Comment

Morgann Leleux thinks she benefited from Eugene's weather.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/...es/7786306002/

Comment

Working...
                X