Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To add, it looks like Muhammad, Little & Femke Bol are due to race in Hungary on July 6th, which will be a really interesting match up before Tokyo. This will be the first time the 'new & improved' Bol will have faced the Americans, after a Covid 2020 and not meeting yet in 2021.

Comment

Dalilah Muhammad in the mid trials press conference said the injury she had was a hamstring tear and she was also dealing with Covid but is back and ready now.

Comment

Telfer is out: https://apnews.com/article/or-state-...ced45bb1f4af38

Comment

Well, there's one resolution to the situation. Have to wonder if USATF isn't breathing a sigh of relief.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
            Interesting that USATF knew last week but waited until the day before the event to let her know.

I must say I'm disappointed. I was really looking forward to Telfer hogging all the McLaughlin airtime lol
            There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post

Im picking Muhammad to win this as she is arguably the most consistent championship hurdler over the past decade. Shes not too far off where she was before USAs in 2016 (54.37) and 2017 (54.53). So winning in mid to high 52 is not out of the question. But any combination of Muhammad, McLaughlin and Little can win.

I dont think we will see a WR though. Maybe 52.3 at best.
              SM at 51.9

Comment

Originally posted by ATK View Post
                Dalilah Muhammad in the mid trials press conference said the injury she had was a hamstring tear and she was also dealing with Covid but is back and ready now.
                Sheesh. It will be an amazing feat just to make the team after all that. The month in between may help her more than anyone else. Glad she’s back healthy now.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post

Interesting that USATF knew last week but waited until the day before the event to let her know.
                  I think you are misreading it? It sounds like USATF let her know at that point last week that she had not met the requirements to be eligible, but had she been able to produce the required documentation, that was subject to change.

My understanding is that trans athletes have to pay for monthly testing that shows they are below the required level in order to compete. CeCe has been homeless at least once in the past year. I just really doubt she had the money for that kind of testing and honestly kind of doubt she was under the level of medical care needed to ensure she was at levels that low. It isn't as simple as taking a few birth control pills and being good to go, no matter how much Seb Coe tries to oversimplify it.

I looked back on her instagram, she has had the Olympic Trials as a goal for sometime. We'll probably never know the details of where things fell short... if she never realized everything she needed, or if she had been doing monthly testing and missed a month or something.

I hope that if she wants to continue her dream of competing in elite sport that she is able to meet the requirements needed. I think we can also hold space to recognize that the requirements are expensive for trans athletes to meet and that most people with XY bodies struggle to function well with T levels that low.

I do think that given all the questions around Telfer's eligibility (T levels, transfer of allegiance, should her qualifying mark even count if her T levels were not low enough at that time) USATF should have planned to take #29 on the list no matter what, and expand the field by one if Telfer ended up eligible.

Comment

Shae Anderson is NOT listed on the heat sheets!!
                    Did she scratch?

I just noticed lane 4 is empty in heat 3!
                    Was she supposed to be in that heat?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower View Post
                      Unless I saw an outdated profile, did Telfer even qualify for the trials? 57.53, short of the 56.50.

Comment

Originally posted by aaronk View Post
                        Shae Anderson is NOT listed on the heat sheets!!
                        Did she scratch?

I just noticed lane 4 is empty in heat 3!
                        Was she supposed to be in that heat?
                        Shae Anderson is still listed as "declared" on the "Status of Entries" page, but she is the only declared women not on the heat sheets, so I'm guessing that Anderson very recently scratched and it just hasn't been updated yet.

That's a shame. After her success in the flat 400 I really wanted to see what she could do in the 400 hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23 View Post

Unless I saw an outdated profile, did Telfer even qualify for the trials? 57.53, short of the 56.50.
                          in filling the field they went to 57.67

Comment

Replace the starter

Comment

Blocks, blocks, blocks!

Comment

Paris 2003 back!

Comment

Working...
                                X