Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh View Post

Stanford's collection of NCAA titlists/scorers would suggest otherwise. What is true is that a lot of prime talent does seem to disappear, but as a percentage of the high end talent they annually get, not sure they're any worse than anywhere else at what happens to talent. It's just more obvious because they're operating with high visibility athletes from the get-go
    Some of the athletes that run in to problems can turn to a very good alternative, the academics of the most difficult school for admission.

Comment

Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
      That was my first point. If the prestigious degree is important to you, go to Stanford. Just be aware that the price of that will be slow progress as a distance runner.
      I disagreed with the "be aware" comment, and gh seems to think so also.

Comment

It almost looked knowing and deliberate. They're training partners, and they could have had a pact to not impede each other in the final stretch if neither would displace the other from the top 3.
        Schweizer started looking up at the big screen regularly starting with 120 meters to go. Schweizer knew exactly where Cranny was and let her through. That wasn't a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningInCircles View Post

Schweizer started looking up at the big screen regularly starting with 120 meters to go. Schweizer knew exactly where Cranny was and let her through. That wasn't a mistake.
          In the replay, it looked like she was smiling.

Comment

That was my first point. If the prestigious degree is important to you, go to Stanford. Just be aware that the price of that will be slow progress as a distance runner.
            This is one of those bull#$%# barstool statements that has no basis in fact nor is it truly possible to quantify.

Comment

Originally posted by Steele View Post
              BTC is littered with Stanford grads at the moment (Fraser, McGorty, Fisher, Derrick) and I wouldn't consider any of their university careers to be deficient relative to their pro careers.
              And I don't think their pro careers would have been significantly different, if they had gone to another school.

Comment

Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                And I don't think their pro careers would have been significantly different, if they had gone to another school.
                Nor could you prove it.

Comment

Working...
                X