Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the trials are over, what are our thoughts on Mu’s “gears” when in a race with the best in the world? 😉

Comment

• To me she is a bigger more athletic Jearl Miles. I would say the 800. She has more speed than any other 800 runner.

Comment

• Can you imagine a race with Mu, Miller-Uibo, Nassar, and Semenya!? Crazy huh

Comment

• Originally posted by _Jay View Post
          Now that the trials are over, what are our thoughts on Mu’s “gears” when in a race with the best in the world? 😉
          She does indeed only have one gear - high.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguarclaws View Post
            Can you imagine a race with Mu, Miller-Uibo, Nassar, and Semenya!? Crazy huh
            600 meters?

Comment

• Man that would be great but Semenya could run a great 400 tpp

Comment

• From heartache at the Olympic trials to a personal best days later. Kate Grace and the cruel world of track and field. (yahoo.com)

After Kate Grace failed to make the Olympic track team last month, she didn’t have time to feel bad for herself, or at least not right away. About 20 minutes after finishing a disappointing seventh in the women’s 800 meters at the Olympic Trials in Eugene, Ore., her coach told her that she had an opportunity to race an elite international field — in three days, in Oslo, Norway.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1965 View Post
                  From heartache at the Olympic trials to a personal best days later. Kate Grace and the cruel world of track and field. (yahoo.com)

After Kate Grace failed to make the Olympic track team last month, she didn’t have time to feel bad for herself, or at least not right away. About 20 minutes after finishing a disappointing seventh in the women’s 800 meters at the Olympic Trials in Eugene, Ore., her coach told her that she had an opportunity to race an elite international field — in three days, in Oslo, Norway.
                  Considering how good Grace has looked since the Trials, what are the chances that she can win the Diamond League this year so that she doesn't have to worry about making the team next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Considering how good Grace has looked since the Trials, what are the chances that she can win the Diamond League this year so that she doesn't have to worry about making the team next year?
                    that will require beating Mu and everybody else in Zürich

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post

that will require beating Mu and everybody else in Zürich
                      Will Mu be in Zurich? This link states that athletes must compete in their discipline at least 4x to be eligible for Zurich: https://worldathletics.org/competiti...allocated-2021. There are only 4 DL meets on the calendar between Tokyo and Zurich, and I don't think the women's 800m will be on the calendar at all 4, so it may be impossible for her to qualify.

Comment

• At one point, I'm pretty sure, the DL Final was allowed to add "wild card" people to ensure the best fields, but they may well have changed that proviso.

Comment

• Crazy not having Mu in Zurich....oh well their loss and Prefontaine's gain.... electric to watch in person. My favorite at the NCAAs and Trials.
                          Last edited by Conor Dary; 07-23-2021, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                            At one point, I'm pretty sure, the DL Final was allowed to add "wild card" people to ensure the best fields, but they may well have changed that proviso.
                            I think that will still be the case, especially this year.

Comment

• Is Zurich winner-take-at with regards to World Championship wild cards?

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                                Is Zurich winner-take-at with regards to World Championship wild cards?
                                Yes. I think 2017 was the first year where the winner of the final was the overall winner, regardless of the points acquired during the full season.

Comment

Working...
                                X