Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

When I hear doubts about Mu's ability to front-run the 800, I think back to her INdoor 600 of 1:23.57--2nd A-T World, and 0.02 better than Alysia Montano ran!
    I hesitate to think how fast she could do a 600 (OUTdoors) now--maybe 1:21??
    If she goes 27 & 28 (55), then 29 (1:24), I don't see any reason she can't add at least a 30 to that--for a 1:54.
    Leading all the way!
    That INdoor 600 spoke volumes!!
    Except I didn't say anything about her ability, I predicted her race plan :-)

Comment

• Heat lists are up and somehow Mu gets the heat with just seven runners although it does have Alemu, Bishop and Hering. From a British pov both Reekie and Hodgkinson seem to have a comfortable task but Alex Bell has Arafi, Bisset and Almanza with only 3 auto places. Tough stuff. Reekie is in the same heat as Ajee and Keely is in with Raevyn.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post

When I hear doubts about Mu's ability to front-run the 800, I think back to her INdoor 600 of 1:23.57--2nd A-T World, and 0.02 better than Alysia Montano ran!
        I hesitate to think how fast she could do a 600 (OUTdoors) now--maybe 1:21??
        If she goes 27 & 28 (55), then 29 (1:24), I don't see any reason she can't add at least a 30 to that--for a 1:54.
        Leading all the way!
        That INdoor 600 spoke volumes!!
        And the scary thing is that she was still in high school at the time, and was still learning to run just a bit differently for another 200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post

The British girls dominated the Americans in early US races (mostly with out US top 3). Think Muir is actually top Brit over 800.
          Bet the farm she will try to go with (and menace) Mu between 400 and 550, before Mu floors the pedal and says goodbye. If Raevyn is anywhere close to Muir at the top of the stretch and she has yet to be caught by 2 others, Raevyn will swallow her up (and anyone else close by) and grab a medal.

Comment

• Muir is not running the 800m

Comment

• Originally posted by Juicy News View Post
              Muir is not running the 800m
              I thought she was, after her 1:56.xx a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't the U.K. leave the 3rd spot open to their discretion and evaluation?

Be that as it may, someone will try to menace Mu as they approach the 500 mark, before she hits the turbo boost and blows them away.

Comment

• Originally posted by CookyMonzta View Post

I thought she was, after her 1:56.xx a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't the U.K. leave the 3rd spot open to their discretion and evaluation?

Be that as it may, someone will try to menace Mu as they approach the 500 mark, before she hits the turbo boost and blows them away.
                She pulled out to concentrate on the 1500 and was replaced by Alex Bell (1:58.52)

Comment

• Originally posted by Haggis Boson View Post
                  Heat lists are up and somehow Mu gets the heat with just seven runners although it does have Alemu, Bishop and Hering. From a British pov both Reekie and Hodgkinson seem to have a comfortable task but Alex Bell has Arafi, Bisset and Almanza with only 3 auto places. Tough stuff. Reekie is in the same heat as Ajee and Keely is in with Raevyn.
                  Qualifying, even on time should be fairly easy for the better athletes. Run 2:00 and you're probably in no matter what. Should be no issue for any of these runners.

Comment

Working...
                  X