Ajee is in trouble...

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    And Mu goes at 400...

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    I expect Mu to leave the scrum behind starting at the 350-375 mark, and spread out at 500.

Leave a comment:

• CookyMonzta
    replied
    With Syd having just locked up a relay spot with her WR in the 400H, now it's time for Mu to grab another spot. Just...don't...crack up...like Little and Brazier.

Leave a comment:

• RunningInCircles
    replied
    Up until the Trials started, my top 3 picks to make the team were Athing Mu, Ajee Wilson, and Raevyn Rogers.

But Kate Grace has been looking better than I expected this week. I think she will edge out Rogers for the 3rd spot.

Leave a comment:

• schigh
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

I learned that stuff while going through the immigration process at multiple levels: student visa, work visa, green card, and ultimately US citizenship. 18 years total.

Being from Jamaica, with everything already in English I didn't personally have to get any certified document translations, but there were instructions in the paperwork about doing that for foreign-language documents, and conversations with other immigrants who had to get the translations.

Immigration hassles also cause some married women to avoid changing their last name if they got married during or shortly before starting the immigration process. Some eventually do the name change upon obtaining their green card or citizenship, but others just end up keeping their maiden name permanently, especially those who had a very long immigration process.
    A bit of a tangent, but the California Medical Board used to require that you have a certified document translation of your medical degree if it was in Latin. Like they didn't already have certified transcripts, letter of certification from your school, specialty boards, residency, etc.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by Steele View Post

Watch the head on shot as they come around with about 130 to go, Green is running right on the outside line of lane one, Hurta on the inside. Within six or seven steps Green is running almost on the rail. That's not holding your line, that's cutting in. Hurta had to try to move to the outside, she was being cut off.
    That is how it appeared to me, although you seemed to look into it more closely than I did (a couple of replays).

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    She is distinctive looking and now semi-famous;
    With her braid, she bears a resemblance to Surya Bonaly, if anyone remembers that name. (She appears to be quite a bit more personable than Surya, though.)

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Steele View Post
    She will just go through life, "That's Athing MO, spelled M-U."
    She is distinctive looking and now semi-famous; I'll guess her life won't be that bad.

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post

I looked at it again an Hurta was trying to move inside to outside and tripped. So it wasn't Green's fault.
    Watch the head on shot as they come around with about 130 to go, Green is running right on the outside line of lane one, Hurta on the inside. Within six or seven steps Green is running almost on the rail. That's not holding your line, that's cutting in. Hurta had to try to move to the outside, she was being cut off.

Leave a comment:

• NotDutra5
    replied
    Mu looked like she was running a series of 800m repeats and she was on the 2nd of 4 just easing through it.

Having said that, I'm not sure Agee doesn't end up across the line first.

Leave a comment:

• Steele
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

I learned that stuff while going through the immigration process at multiple levels: student visa, work visa, green card, and ultimately US citizenship. 18 years total.
    She will just go through life, "That's Athing MO, spelled M-U." Not a big deal, as the world gets smaller we are all having to figure out how to pronounce names we've never heard before. Gone are the days of living in a little hamlet all your life with the Smiths and Joneses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X