Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stooges Mixed Relay

OK, I need a 4th runner who identifies as female. The two men are Fred Kerley and Lionel Larry. The first woman is Athing Mu (pronounced "MO" of course)...get it?

I'm def. having trouble coming up with an athlete named Shemp!

Comment

Hu's on first leg? Oops I think that was Abbott & Costello!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
        Hu's on first leg? Oops I think that was Abbott & Costello!
        And Watts is on 2nd leg!!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
          I'm def. having trouble coming up with an athlete named Shemp!
          should be able to find a Jo. (Joe's the least remembered of the Stooges.) But a Shemp would be better.

Comment

Anastasiya Shempel an 11.72 sprinter from Kazakhstan

Comment

I was never a Stooges fan but I thought there were only three of them...????

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                at one time, yes, but the roster changed

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                  Moe and Larry were always two of the Three Stooges. In chronological order, the third stooge was Shemp, Curly, Shemp (again), Joe, and Curly Joe.

In real life, Moe, Shemp, and Curly were brothers: Moses, Samuel, and Jerome Horwitz, respectively.

Comment

Thank you, guys. I am convinced there is no question that cannot be answered on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidokun View Post

Moe and Larry were always two of the Three Stooges. In chronological order, the third stooge was Shemp, Curly, Shemp (again), Joe, and Curly Joe.

In real life, Moe, Shemp, and Curly were brothers: Moses, Samuel, and Jerome Horwitz, respectively.
                      Wait just a sec, David . . . . . . . Joe and Curly Joe were two different guys??? After all these years, never had a clue.

Comment

Or answer that cannot be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

Wait just a sec, David . . . . . . . Joe and Curly Joe were two different guys??? After all these years, never had a clue.
                          You probably missed the short stint of Joe. I have only read about it.

I left out the fake Shemp era. After Shemp died, they used a stand-in to complete four shorts before they hired Joe. Coincidentally, the actor who served as a stand-in was also named Joe.

Curly was great, and Shemp was acceptable, but Curly Joe was forgettable.
                          Last edited by Davidokun; 06-21-2021, 08:31 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.

Comment

I was a big fan of the 3 Stooges as a child!
                            Even bought some of their comic books!

Comment

by far my favorite (perhaps because he was the first I saw, and did so for an extended time) third banana was Shemp

Comment

Working...
                              X