X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benjamin vs. Warholm, when? .... not Monaco

July 09 is set as the big day.

press release posted to home page
    Last edited by gh; 07-02-2021, 09:51 PM.

Also Thomas, SAFP, and SMU in the 200. Can't wait!
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
      Someone tweeted "So far!"--indicating that Dina Asher-Smith might still be added!

Comment

Originally posted by gh View Post
        July 09 is set as the big day.

press release posted to home page
        Both Benjamin and Warholm are in world record shape! The question isn't if the men's 400 meter hurdles world record will be broken this year. The question is how many times will it get broken in 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

Both Benjamin and Warholm are in world record shape! The question isn't if the men's 400 meter hurdles world record will be broken this year. The question is how many times will it get broken in 2021!
          Dont jinx it! We said that in 2018 after Samba and Benjamin went 46.98/47.02, then again in 2019 when Benjamin and Warhom went 46.9x then again in 2020 when Warholm ran 46.87. Now we have Benjamin at 46.83. inching closer and closer.

Comment

This is why 'fantasy' comps in T&F are such a PITA/complete waste of time. Nobody knows if someone is gonna compete or not (even if they announce they ARE).

You still have to see it to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
              Winner sub 21.6?
              4th 21.7x assuming DAS in race

And assuming good conditions

Comment

Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

Assuming good conditions then both under 46.8 with Norway winning

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Winner sub 21.6?

Unlikely. It will probably be at least 20 degrees cooler

There are no strings on me

Comment

Lets not get our hopes up. I'm thinking 21.7 at best. I would love to be wrong though

Comment

I'm willing to wager SAFP won't crack 22 here. However, I believe she will crack 22 in Tokyo.

Comment

46.50 for the winner?
                        Nah, me neither!
                        OK, how about 46.68 to 46.70--toss a coin?

Comment

My goodness me, what a meet. Monaco throws up some quick times too so we could be in for a treat.

Men's 100m is absolutely stacked. All three of the USA's team vs De Grasse vs Simbine vs Jacobs should tell us a LOT.

Comment

Depending on how KW runs on the 1st we will get a better understanding of where he is at coming the 9th. This is a tossup and I would not be surprised if RB beat him. But I already said, going out on that limb, KW gonna get the WR on the 1st. I chuckled inside even as I wrote that - But I would not be surprised if he ran 46.73.

Other events I'm looking forward to in Oslo: Bol, PV with Mondo Sam and both Renaud and son, w800 with Bisset and Grace, and JI in the Mile - looking forward to that one. Can JI get the Euro Record?
                            Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 06-29-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

Winner sub 21.6?

And assuming good conditions
                              Very much unlikely,weather will hardly be the same as Eugene. Secondly, they probably will be in different stages of training trying to peak again for the Olympics.
                              Apparently Ignorance is bliss

Comment

Working...
                              X