• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZazaShoya
    replied
    KW on the inside :
    - Can apply pressure on RB by reducing/closing the stagger ;
    - Blind on the come-back of RB for longer.
    But :
    - Not his favorite lane, though he's already won in these conditions ;
    - Could make him try to do too much as he's more aware of what RB's doing.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post

I think Tilastopaja's way of counting is less common, but it is more sensible. Think about this example: an athlete loses the last race of 2018, then doesn't compete at all in 2019 and 2020, then comes back to win every competition in 2021. At the end of 2021, would it make sense to say he's got a 3-year winning streak?
    Agree, so what is EM 999 going by?

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

Ok, that makes sense! Tilastopaja list it from his next win after last loss. For stat purposes what is more common or accepted?
    I think Tilastopaja's way of counting is less common, but it is more sensible. Think about this example: an athlete loses the last race of 2018, then doesn't compete at all in 2019 and 2020, then comes back to win every competition in 2021. At the end of 2021, would it make sense to say he's got a 3-year winning streak?

Leave a comment:

• bobguild76
    replied

One for the ages: It could look like one these as well - - but faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSsoNhjYVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYoau0-HFc&t=259s
    You are spot on. Absolutely one for the ages! Here's hoping for another one for the ages.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Speaking of intangibles - what if KW draws and inside lane to RB in the final? How do any of you guys see that affecting their strategies.
    As professionals, they know to carry out their own race and run their best time. That cannot be done by worrying about the other guy.
    As humans, we are always affected by our surroundings. Whoever draws the inside lane has the psychological advantage of knowing where the opponent is. But if that draws you out of your best race . . . uh oh.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    bad optics, to be sure
    I don't see any optical distortion. I see an athlete and coach who realized that the DL didn't ever really work into his training plan. The DL is fun and lucrative, but it is not peak-enhancing.
    Go over there in mid-final-phase-training (losing the travel and rest days); you will NOT be at your best, risking a blemish that will go into your final season-ranking, which will negatively affect your contract incentives.
    Pass.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I have no idea. That's for the likes of bambam, aaronk and others.

All I wanted to do was show that KW and RB are not close to being in the GOAT discussion.

And because of EW'S record, being GOAT for the 400IH is one of the most difficult events to do so. Oerter and the discus is probably the only one on a par with EW.
    With all this talk of GOAT status and EM being pretty secure for the next 4 years who is the baby goat? Ha!

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Speaking of intangibles - what if KW draws and inside lane to RB in the final? How do any of you guys see that affecting their strategies.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

Ok, that makes sense! Tilastopaja list it from his next win after last loss. For stat purposes what is more common or accepted?
    I have no idea. That's for the likes of bambam, aaronk and others.

All I wanted to do was show that KW and RB are not close to being in the GOAT discussion.

And because of EM'S record, being GOAT for the 400IH is one of the most difficult events to do so. Oerter and the discus is probably the only one on a par with EM.
    Last edited by Tuariki; 07-03-2021, 08:37 PM. Reason: Being dumb. EW to EM

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
    If I weren't so lazy I'd find a video of the 88 OT, with 5 sub-48. that might be the best analogy to what we're anticipating next month.
    This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7hbYjKvTXg

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Slow-mo of KW's WR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi2-fJaXdUE

Leave a comment:

• cigar95
    replied

If I weren't so lazy I'd find a video of the 88 OT, with 5 sub-48. that might be the best analogy to what we're anticipating next month.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

The chart is correct for KW and RB as it is the period being undefeated. Therefore I counted from date of ladt loss.

Which means my period for EW may be wrong as for EW I just lifted from Wiki

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by booond View Post

Rome 1987 with Moses, Harris, and Schmid between 47.46 and 47.48. Hopefully it gets that close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSsoNhjYVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYoau0-HFc&t=259s

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied

In the chart you have KW as having a win streak of 2y 11m and 363d. Is this correct because I see that his win streak started May 30th 2019 which would be a little over 2y 1m. Am I missing something?
    The chart is correct for KW and RB as it is the period being undefeated. Therefore I counted from date of ladt loss.

Which means my period for EW may be wrong as for EW I just lifted from Wiki

Leave a comment:

Working...
X