Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post

Highly unofficial, but I had RB off the fifth hurdle in 21.4 and Warholm in 20.5.
    21.2 and 20.2 on my watch

Makes me think Benjamin has a lot more upside at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

I don't think he used 12 strides at all in the 46.83. May as well let it rip in Monaco, nothing to lose.

Comment

Watch WR here.https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2021/...d-400-hurdles/

Please pay attention to hurdles # 8 and 9 and watch the replay. It was scary close when I saw the replay. The Olympic atmosphere may trio him on one these two. I hope I am totally wrong. 46.50s is my prediction for Tokyo final if the weather cooperate.

Comment

Originally posted by gm View Post

21.2 and 20.2 on my watch

Isn't that how RB runs anyway - faster on the homestretch? And we all know KW goes out hard and hopes to hold on.
          Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 07-02-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

RB ran three rounds in a championship setting, which is harder than in the Olso home meet The two performances are pretty close

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

and hopes to hold on.
              Being undefeated for 3 years, means there is no hoping about it.

It is RB who hopes to beat KW
              Last edited by Tuariki; 07-02-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                I think it will be celebrated in America as much as McLaughlin's bigger breaking of the women's record is in Europe.
                "Bigger breaking" I'm assuming you're talking about times, not significance?

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                  I don't think he used 12 strides at all in the 46.83. May as well let it rip in Monaco, nothing to lose.
                  RB got injured before Doha trying 12 strides in a training session.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                    I can’t believe this Karsten Warholm world record isn’t bigger news on here! He broke a 29 year old record in an Olympic year before the Olympics! What an amazing achievement!!
                    It is big news. I just think the other track news of the day slightly over took it. Also, we all expected the WR to fall this year. Was just of matter of who gets it 1st between KW and RJ, and when.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                      RB ran three rounds in a championship setting, which is harder than in the Olso home meet The two performances are pretty close
                      Excellent point. These guys are very close and it will come down to who makes no mistakes in the finals. I still give Benjamin the edge due to his strength in the homestretch.

Comment

twitter.com/Vinc_Guyot/status/1410872896575131650 has the 10 hurdle splits from KW's 3 best races.

I didn't do the 10 hurdle splits for RB, just my best approximate 50m splits stepping through frames (think 1/30 of a second, round to the tenth if you like), threw in splits I got off twitter from PJ Vazel, too:
                        Code:
                        50 - 100 - 150 - 200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400
                        6.33 11.60 17.10 22.76 28.43 34.43 40.63 46.83
                        6.4  11.5  16.8  22.3  28.1  34.1  40.2  46.78
                        6.1  11.2  16.4  21.8  27.5  33.7  40.1  46.70
                        Also, RB gave up .07 from the gun (.23 vs. KW's .16), though I haven't checked that and I remember that the FinishLynx ReacTime system was not too "popular" at the US trials this year. Ato definitely noticed KW's start on the US broadcast of the Oslo meet, though!
                        Last edited by Rack; 07-02-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weights&Shoes View Post

It is big news. I just think the other track news of the day slightly over took it. Also, we all expected the WR to fall this year. Was just of matter of who gets it 1st between KW and RJ, and when.
                          True. And I posted this before I was aware of the other news. To me personally this is still bigger (not to the sport as a whole, I realize). I remember watching on TV when Kevin Young set the record and being in disbelief that the greatest of all time, Edwin Moses, was no longer the record holder. What an amazing run Young had, and what a great event this is this year and has been for the past few.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack View Post
                            twitter.com/Vinc_Guyot/status/1410872896575131650 has the 10 hurdle splits from KW's 3 best races.

I didn't do the 10 hurdle splits for RB, just my best approximate 50m splits stepping through frames (think 1/30 of a second, round to the tenth if you like), threw in splits I got off twitter from PJ Vazel, too:
                            Code:
                            50 - 100 - 150 - 200 - 250 - 300 - 350 - 400
                            6.33 11.60 17.10 22.76 28.43 34.43 40.63 46.83
                            6.4 11.5 16.8 22.3 28.1 34.1 40.2 46.78
                            6.1 11.2 16.4 21.8 27.5 33.7 40.1 46.70
                            Also, RB gave up .07 from the gun (.23 vs. KW's .16), though I haven't checked that and I remember that the FinishLynx ReacTime system was not too "popular" at the US trials this year. Ato definitely noticed KW's start on the US broadcast of the Oslo meet, though!
                            Which is typical of KW. He always goes out fast. Tokyo or their next race could be similar to their WC race where they both came in under 47 but faster - but KW still won. RB will have to edge him out down the stretch. KW is 1 sec. ahead going into the final 200. That's a lot to make up. But RB is so capable.

As to all intangibles: RB and KW had benefits and deficits in their races compared to each other. In Eugene you had hot temp., fast track, his Nike shoes and well into his season with 3 races already but started a little slow and ran rounds (which frankly were easy for him). In Oslo weather was good but not perfect for sprints, not as good of a track, and was his season opener.

According to your splits KW is approx.1 sec. ahead going into the stretch and RB made up approx. .83 sec. on the homestretch. He needs another .17 to match KW. But all this is just fun since each day and how each athlete feels that day is another intangible and being so close it's anyone's win on any given day.
                            Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 07-02-2021, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post

True. And I posted this before I was aware of the other news. To me personally this is still bigger (not to the sport as a whole, I realize). I remember watching on TV when Kevin Young set the record and being in disbelief that the greatest of all time, Edwin Moses, was no longer the record holder. What an amazing run Young had, and what a great event this is this year and has been for the past few.
                              It truly was! Up until recently no one else ran under 47 and when it was it was .24 faster than an already super fast time by the GOAT Moses. And the fact that it lasted for 29 years (longest ever in track) means it was not a soft WR.
                              Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 07-02-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

From Young's Twitter:

"Enjoyed watching you run, I see that you strategically ran that strong 15 at 10th, I have been expecting to see that since last year."

Anyone know the significance of this 15 at the 10th? I'm not a tech geek with stride knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X