Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobguild76 View Post

It should be one of the highlights go the Games!
    And to think at the last Olympics it was a morning final partially because how dull the event was at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
      Thanks for this chart, Tuariki.

Have fun discussing m400h GOATs, folks, but we're still a long way from having someone on the same lap as King Edwin . . .

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
        . . . . More likely realizing that he can maximize his Olympic performance with the structure and consistency of training at home rather than traveling and racing in Europe.
        There are three ATL meets and two Sunset Series meets in California this month. That looks like a good opportunity for some fine-tuning competition if the OT members are eligible for these meets.

Comment

I would think the last thing an American that wants to win in Tokyo would do would be to travel to Europe just a couple of weeks before having to travel halfway around the world in the opposite direction. That's quite a lot of travel and accompanying jet-lag, etc., to deal with. If anything, get to Tokyo early and get acclimated to their time.

RB has never shown an inkling of ducking anyone, he's a competitive animal. That's just nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf View Post

Yes, it may be a wise decision for Benjamin. But he certainly could have made that decision any time after the Olympic Trails.
            Instead, the decision was made after Warholm's WR. So that does make it seem that he is ducking Warholm.
            bad optics, to be sure

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

In the chart you have KW as having a win streak of 2y 11m and 363d. Is this correct because I see that his win streak started May 30th 2019 which would be a little over 2y 1m. Am I missing something?
              The chart is correct for KW and RB as it is the period being undefeated. Therefore I counted from date of ladt loss.

Which means my period for EW may be wrong as for EW I just lifted from Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by booond View Post

Rome 1987 with Moses, Harris, and Schmid between 47.46 and 47.48. Hopefully it gets that close.
                One for the ages: It could look like one these as well - - but faster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZSsoNhjYVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdYoau0-HFc&t=259s

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

The chart is correct for KW and RB as it is the period being undefeated. Therefore I counted from date of ladt loss.

Which means my period for EW may be wrong as for EW I just lifted from Wiki
                  Ok, that makes sense! Tilastopaja list it from his next win after last loss. For stat purposes what is more common or accepted?

Comment

Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

One for the ages: It could look like one these as well - - but faster:
                    If I weren't so lazy I'd find a video of the 88 OT, with 5 sub-48. that might be the best analogy to what we're anticipating next month.

Comment

• Slow-mo of KW's WR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi2-fJaXdUE

Comment

• Originally posted by cigar95 View Post
                        If I weren't so lazy I'd find a video of the 88 OT, with 5 sub-48. that might be the best analogy to what we're anticipating next month.
                        This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7hbYjKvTXg

Comment

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post

Ok, that makes sense! Tilastopaja list it from his next win after last loss. For stat purposes what is more common or accepted?
                          I have no idea. That's for the likes of bambam, aaronk and others.

All I wanted to do was show that KW and RB are not close to being in the GOAT discussion.

And because of EM'S record, being GOAT for the 400IH is one of the most difficult events to do so. Oerter and the discus is probably the only one on a par with EM.
                          Last edited by Tuariki; 07-03-2021, 07:37 PM. Reason: Being dumb. EW to EM

Comment

• Speaking of intangibles - what if KW draws and inside lane to RB in the final? How do any of you guys see that affecting their strategies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I have no idea. That's for the likes of bambam, aaronk and others.

All I wanted to do was show that KW and RB are not close to being in the GOAT discussion.

And because of EW'S record, being GOAT for the 400IH is one of the most difficult events to do so. Oerter and the discus is probably the only one on a par with EW.
                              With all this talk of GOAT status and EM being pretty secure for the next 4 years who is the baby goat? Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                                bad optics, to be sure
                                I don't see any optical distortion. I see an athlete and coach who realized that the DL didn't ever really work into his training plan. The DL is fun and lucrative, but it is not peak-enhancing.
                                Go over there in mid-final-phase-training (losing the travel and rest days); you will NOT be at your best, risking a blemish that will go into your final season-ranking, which will negatively affect your contract incentives.
                                Pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X