Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gh View Post
    see story now on home page about Sweden leaving behind 22nd-ranked 800 runner Lovisa Lindh
    Certainly a thorough analysis. Bad situation all around. Also highlights when personal decisions decide vs first three across the line

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
      see story now on home page about Sweden leaving behind 22nd-ranked 800 runner Lovisa Lindh
      I started off having sympathy for Lindh, but that sympathy disappeared when I got to the part disclosing she is a former banned doper.

Edit
      My apologies to Ms Lindh.
      I misread the article.
      It was Krol who was banned.
      Last edited by Tuariki; 07-09-2021, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

I started off having sympathy for Lindh, but that sympathy disappeared when I got to the part disclosing she is a former banned doper.
        Where did you see that???

Comment

I think it was saying she finished behind someone later banned (Krol), no? But no upgrade in medals as they were only officially caught after their success

Comment

I see no evidence at Tilastopaja and World Athletics that Lindh is a former banned doper!

Comment

• Originally posted by TWalsh View Post

I see no evidence at Tilastopaja and World Athletics that Lindh is a former banned doper!
              That's because she is not a former banned doper!

Comment

• exhibit A of why the internet sucks..... any search engine now has the possibility of linking her with doping

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Where did you see that???
                  You are right GM.
                  My bad. I misread.
                  It was Krol.

Comment

• Omar McLeod says he was robbed of spot on the Olympic team. I guess he thought he would get the same special treatment that Usain Bolt and Merlene Ottey was given in the past. I say hats off to the JAAA for not giving him special treatment. Assuming everyone has met the Olympic standard, the top 3 at the Trials is best way to choose an Olympic team.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...ZD8UpTT4kHjRgY
                    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 07-13-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist View Post
                      Omar McLeod says he was robbed of spot on the Olympic team. I guess he thought he would get the same special treatment that Usain Bolt and Merlene Ottey was given in the past. I say hats off to the JAAA for not giving him special treatment. Assuming everyone everyone has met the Olympic standard, the top 3 at the Trials is best way to choose an Olympic team.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/spor...ZD8UpTT4kHjRgY
                      “I just don't think I was given or granted a fair opportunity to make the team"

His comments have made it seem as if the schedule was only changed for him and he ran the semi's and finals with no one else in the race. Sure is disappointing he's not there, but all the hurdlers had the same changes to deal with and the same opportunity to make the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATK View Post

“I just don't think I was given or granted a fair opportunity to make the team"

His comments have made it seem as if the schedule was only changed for him and he ran the semi's and finals with no one else in the race. Sure is disappointing he's not there, but all the hurdlers had the same changes to deal with and the same opportunity to make the team.
                        I was surprised when I saw all those finals on the morning of June 27, after having just run the previous night but everyone had to deal that schedule.

Comment

• Tim Cheruiyot is now on the Kenyan team. He replaces Kamar Etyang who didn't have enough OoC tests over the last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NotDutra5 View Post
                            Tim Cheruiyot is now on the Kenyan team. He replaces Kamar Etyang who didn't have enough OoC tests over the last year.
                            Now that smells of a set up.

Comment

• I did not realize insufficient OoC tests could keep you from the team. It seems like that is something beyond the control of the athlete or his coach. Had that been a rule back in 1975/76, I am not sure Ed Moses would have been allowed to compete.

Comment

Now that smells of a set up.
                                Kenya says it went so far as to petition the AIU to have Etiyang accepted:

https://nation.africa/kenya/sports/a...ympics-3472792

Comment

Working...
                                X