• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Ethiopian Team.
    MEN 3000m steeplechase: Hailemariam Amare, Abrham Sime, Tadesse Takele

Why am I now reading in the WA preview that Girma IS running the Steeple?
    And now Wale too? Can anyone explain this mystery to me?

These two in the steeple completely changes it!

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Ethiopian Team.
    MEN
    3000m steeplechase: Hailemariam Amare, Abrham Sime, Tadesse Takele
    Why am I now reading in the WA preview that Girma IS running the Steeple?

Leave a comment:

• andyjgt
    replied
    Ihor Hlavan (Igor Glavan) removed from Ukrainian 50k walk team in Tokyo after ban extended to 3 years (still fully served). Valeriy Litanyuk replaces him.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by ATK View Post
    Genuinely curious, why did you list these athletes as "Others"?
    I didn't; that's how the report came in

Leave a comment:

• KevinR
    replied
    The names are listed last, first. But this list reminds me of how much I enjoy the names of many of the Nigerian athletes. Divine, Favour, Sunday, Patience.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    With a name like that, he's doomed to leave too early and not get the stick in the zone.
    Patience Okon George, Womens 400 and 4x400

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    George Patience.
    With a name like that, he's doomed to leave too early and not get the stick in the zone.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Originally posted by gh View Post
    Nigeria:

Others are Echikunwoke Annette (Women’s Hammer Throw), George Patience (Women’s 400m, 4 x 400m Relay Mixed), Chukwuma Rosemary (Women’s 100m, 4 x 100m Relay) and Onyekwere Chioma (Women’s Discus Throw).
    Genuinely curious, why did you list these athletes as "Others"?
    Last edited by ATK; 07-23-2021, 02:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Nigeria:

Oduduru Divine (Men’s 100m & 200m), Adegoke Enoch (Men’s 100m), Usheoritse Itsekiri (Men’s 100m), Enekwechi Chukwuebuka (Men’s Shotput), Okagbare Blessing (Women’s 100m & 200m, 4 x 100m Relay), Nwokocha Grace (Women’s 100m & 200m, 4 x 100m Relay), Amusan Tobi (Women’s 100m Hurdles), Ofili Favour (Women’s 200m, 4 x 100m Relay), Usoro Ruth (Women’s Long Jump & Triple Jump), and Brume Ese (Women’s Long Jump).

Others are Echikunwoke Annette (Women’s Hammer Throw), George Patience (Women’s 400m, 4 x 400m Relay Mixed), Chukwuma Rosemary (Women’s 100m, 4 x 100m Relay) and Onyekwere Chioma (Women’s Discus Throw).

Members of the Mixed 4 x 400 relay team are Uko Imaobong Nse, Nathaniel Samson, Okezie Chidi and George Patience.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Well, crud. This from an article TODAY.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/57819388

This article is based on a podcast interview released on June 23rd: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct2g6l
    In the podcast, they dont ask, nor does she actually mention anything about what she is running in Tokyo (they dont even talk about Tokyo at all)

Since that interview was released, the following has happened:

June 27th - Miller-Uibo runs both the 200/400 at Bahamian trials
    June 27th - Jackson skips the 400 and qualifies for the 100/200 at Jamaican trials
    June 30th - Naser was banned for 2 years
    July 2nd - Mboma and Masilingi were ruled ineligible in the 400m
    July 5th - Miller-Uibo is listed as registered for the 200/400 as part of the Bahamian team to Tokyo

So yea basically the world has changed since this interview happened. I think she doubles.
    Last edited by ATK; 07-20-2021, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    She'll leave Tokyo empty-handed if that's her plan.

Leave a comment:

• Atticus
    replied
    Well, crud. This from an article TODAY.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/57819388

Speaking of which, what does Miller-Uibo have in mind for Tokyo? She has been lobbying the International Olympic Committee to alter the schedule at this year's Games so she is able to compete in both the 400 and 200m events.
    But it appears her efforts have been fruitless. The three-time world championship medallist says she is now only focussing on the 200m in which she will be competing against Great Britain's Dina Asher-Smith.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    the fastest anyone has ever run and not advanced to the Olympic final is 10.01 by CJ Ujah in Rio

(2 men have run 10.00 and not advanced to WC final)

Leave a comment:

• ZazaShoya
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuariki View Post

10.00 is not likely to be much help
    10.00 at the right time, e.g semi-final will likely see him advance to the final.
    In order to medal he should be able to run low 9.9, which is probably not the case, so 10.00 would be enough to reach the best achievement he could dream of at the moment : a top 8.

Leave a comment:

• Tuariki
    replied
    Originally posted by Britfan View Post

Zharnel Hughes and Reece Prescod will definitely improve a great deal before Tokyo. This season Prescod has improved from 10.36 to 10.13 in less than 3 months. I see him running close to 10.00 by August !st
    10.00 is not likely to be much help

Leave a comment:

Working...
X